Site Announcements
Congratulations to
DJRetroactive

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What about ORANGE JUICE?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

What about ORANGE JUICE?

Postby XTC » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:04 pm

I had for ever a Import LP copy of ORANGE JUICE "RIP IT UP" that a friend bought for me while he was in London, now I have it on CD.

Is dere udder projects I should hear? and does any body else here like dis stuff?

"Who me?"
XTC
Take On Me

Postby Plata66 » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:58 am

Kirk and Daly formed (Memphis) Ross quit, later resurfacing in Aztec Camera. I liked them but I do have an eclectic taste.

Since I have always preferred making plans The passage of time is flicking dimly upon the screen;
I can't see the lines I used
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby XTC » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:41 pm

OHHHHHHH.....The rock I live under.....sigh.

Thanks Brian!

"Who me?"

Edited by - XTC on 07/22/2003 21:42:05
XTC
Take On Me

Postby Spaz » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:30 pm

"Rip It Up" is a great album, but I have a soft spot for their final album called "The Orange Juice". I'd say that that one is my ultimate fave.

Leader/mainman Edwyn Collins later had a huge hit with "Girl Like You", if you remember that in the mid '9
Spaz
The Jet Set

Postby XTC » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:46 pm

Cool! I will check that one out. thanks spaz!

"Who me?"
XTC
Take On Me

Postby stillcool » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:11 am

I'd recommend the album "Gorgeous George" it is very good and has on it the hit "A Girl Like You". He still releases albums from time to time. A new one is in my local music shop in the new releases section I think and there is a budget CD avilable in t
stillcool
Switchin' to Glide

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions