Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Best New Wave Clubs

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Postby Quite Life » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:03 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Astro6[/i]

I know every single place you're talking about. Went to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. There was also a place in San Leandro. Where a guy named Sean DJ'd...WOW this is weird! Those places were all so fun. I was underage and can not believe I used to get into all of them. Stargaze fuc*^&in rocked. I remember everyone used to take the Bart train out to Stargaze as it was the last stop and right across the street. We felt privileged because we grew up in Fremont and it was right there. So we became kind of snobby about it. We would all sit around and be like you guys want to go to Stargaze tonight? And we would have to get a consensus from our group.

Do you remember two for one night at Stargaze? Everyone used to go around asking Do you have a two for one pass....Do you have a pass? I look back and it was so funny. It was such a cool place. I loved The Berkeley Square and Lipps as well. Oh I think The Twilight Zone is what I was talking about being in San Leandro but actually was Alameda. Is Alameda near San Leandro? I live in New York City now and haven't been back in a while. Thanks for bringing up this topic. Wow, such great memories. I have alot of fun now, but that was a very unique, special time period. One that can never be repeated. In a way it is glamorized almost like the 1950s are. And that is very cool to know you were a part of it.
[/quote]

Way to go Astro

those were the best days well that and going to shows at the Mabuhay, or On Brodway and paying extra for 2 F****** drink tickets at The Stone.
shows were the best. Did you remember The Quake???[:)] KQAK FM99

Were you old enough to go to echo beach in SF in 83 and 84 or the I beam in 85?

From Fremont (home of the Fremont Hub) to NY cool. I am a berkeley guy but went to school and live for a few years in LA. I am back home now well in the East Bay San Leandro and yes it is kinda of near Alameda. I remember the owners of Stargaze this older couple who live ona house boat in Alameda Remember all the Vespa and Lembretta scooter club guys there. Well those were most of my people who I hung with. It was fun riding around in my P200E back in the day.

FYI: I also post on SF Tribe.net. I post as The Quake as in KQAK fm 99.

cheers,
jr
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Postby tikibars » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:47 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by driverx[/i]
<br>Now they have it at Neo on Thursday nights from 10-4.
http://www.planetearthchicago.com is the website in case you are in the area and want to stop by.
[/quote]

DJ Dave Roberts does a good job.
He plays all of the cool stuff and avoids the tired and cliiche bad-80s stuff.
tikibars
Take On Me

Postby Tony Gordon » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 am

I grew up in LA , and the clubs we went to were The Odessy , Phases, Seven Seas , The Fethish club , and to see alot of amazing nu wave bands we went to the Roxy , The country club , the wisky a go go ,God so many to think of , too many memories
Tony Gordon
Running Up That Hill

Postby drsevrin » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:02 pm

Wondering if there are any old Salt Lake City club-goers out there - say 1984 - 1988. I used to spend my time at Zenon and The Palladium in the Sugarhouse district, Impulse, the Maxim, occasionally Plastique in Provo, and a handful of others. Most are now razed, but a few of the buildings still stand. I know you're out there somewhere . . .
drsevrin
Personal Jesus

Previous

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions