Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

"Fire Island"....

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

"Fire Island"....

Postby KYYX4ever » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:55 am

....by Obsession (has nothing to do with "Obsession" by Animotion). Anyone heard of this ? KYYX in Seattle used to play it (well, Stepen Rabow did). '82/'83; very rare. I can't even find out about it on the 'net (not even Google). It is somewhat possible that it is not a group called Obsession, although that is what Stephen Rabow said; however, it's definately called "Fire Island". Had a heavy, darkish synth sound, (kind of like the synth in "People are People" by Depeche Mode, but even darker). A female singer and a male singer trade off lyrics. My cassette copy is so worn out i can barely hear the song, and i have been searching for a clean copy for years. i have tried it on WinMX and Kazaa. Anyway, has anyone heard of this song or the artist ? I would just like to know if this song really exists ! I'm afraid i don't know anything about them.
Thanks much in adavnce !
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby chubbyluv » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:54 am

I believe the band you are looking for is SECESSION - well worth finding their full lp that was also released on cd (the CD is hard to come by) - the album was called A DARK ENCHANTMENT. "Fire Island" should be easy to find from a variety of sources. Hope
chubbyluv
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Jay242 » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:39 am

Secession is a great overlooked band. Other songs worth checking out by them are: Sneakyville, All the Animals Come Out At Night, and Michael.
Jay242
Take On Me

Postby leadfoot » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:13 am

wow !!!
thanks so much for letting me know the band is called Secession! that will help me a great deal--i am very persistent, so i was bummed not to be able to find out anything about this song. i can't wait to go and (try to) find it out there....tha
leadfoot
Take On Me

Postby frodis » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:35 am

Secession's Fire Island was never released on CD, but if your interested, I have a CDR of all of their B sides and 12" mixes, which has been restored to perfect sound, no pops, clicks, etc.
frodis
Switchin' to Glide

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions