Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Quick question about cd burning?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Quick question about cd burning?

Postby Fiero » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:24 pm

My cd burner is a JVC stereo component and has nothing to do with a computer but does an excellent job. I can burn tapes, vinyl, digital cable, songs from dvd and vcr soundtracks as well as other cds. I make quite a few over and over again as I get more songs I like by groups, using not the original one I made, but copy after copy. Unlike cassette dubbing where you lose quality every time you transfer over and over and over, the cds always sound great, but is there any danger in doing this? The unit does transfer from "digital" recording to "analog" but I can never tell the difference in sound quality! Any input greatly appreciated:)
Fiero
Running Up That Hill

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:06 am

Any time you go across a D/A and A/D bridge, you're going to be sampling versus replicating. If you have a consumer 16bit/44.1KHz CD-R recorder that you're feeding from an external player, you're going over an analog line and thus losing a tiny something
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Fiero » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:16 am

It will record digital to digital from a factory cd only once, then analog every time after. It records at 44.1khz so I'll start saving the original cds I make so I won't lose anything. Thanks alot for that info!
Fiero
Running Up That Hill

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions