Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

has anyone heard of....

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

has anyone heard of....

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:43 am

1. ....a band called The Pookah (sp.? ) Makes Three. Song played on the radio once (I recorded it) called "Time After Time".

2. A Bigger Splash . A band produced by Sting. song is "I Don't Believe a Word".

3. Hilary (song: "Drop Your Pants" )

4. the Bunnydrums

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about who these bands were....where from, who was in the band, how many albums/EPs they might have had, what connections they might have had with other bands, etc. I have cassette copies of one song by each artist and always wondered who exactly the band was !
Thanks in advance, everybody !
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby newwavr176209 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:30 am

2. Don't know much about this group, I love that song too and I haven't found much info about them except that was their only single and they never released an album.

3. Hilary is a solo singer from the L.A. area, she released an EP called KINETIC in 1
newwavr176209
Take On Me

Postby leadfoot » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:40 am

thanks newwavr for the info! i appreciate it. i have always wondered what the deal was with those bands. i will look for some Hilary. "Drop Your Pants" is a silly silly song (altho wholly in the spirit of new wave !), but i liked her voice and thought sh
leadfoot
Take On Me

Postby erdprod » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:46 pm

2. I ran into A Bigger Splash a lot while at Westfield College, University of London. They played local venues a lot - Moonlight/Starlight Club in West Hampstead particularly. Three-piece with an upbeat calypso/rock sound - the guitarist had his guitar
erdprod
Running Up That Hill

Postby leadfoot » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:07 am

wow, that's a great story ! cool that you were there to see it. interesting...now that you mentioned the "calypso" sound, i totally hear it. i am continuing my search for those artists on the 'net to download. thanks for the info, maninaugh.
leadfoot
Take On Me

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions