Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Music Reccomendations...

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Music Reccomendations...

Postby swash » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:16 am

Here are a few reccomendations for those of You who are looking for something new and different to listen to...On the Ambient end try "Erik Satie"...late 1800's, early 1900's composer of beautiful piano ambient pieces. Try "Claude DeBussy" as well for more piano ambient stuff. "John Cage" is a bit more experimental but on the same line as the other 2. Electronically try "Ryuichi Sakamoto" or "Yukihiro Takahashi" who both have put out alot of solo stuff since their days with "Yellow Magic Orchestra". 2 new Independent groups who have put out some very cool stuff in the last couple years are "Mystical Sun" and "Makyo".. Very Spacey, ambient, trance, eastern influenced all rolled into a very cool sound. "Future Sound of London" is good also and similiar to the other 2. And if You have never listened to anything by "Robert Wyatt" than You are really missing out on one of the most under appreciated artists ever!! His stuff is Amazing..Former drummer for the late 60's experimental "Soft Machine" Fell out of a 3 story building at a party and was confined to a wheelchair from then on...It didnt stop his Creativity..In fact He became more creative as ever and worked solo through the years with many artists. He put out a cd a few years back with Brian Eno titled "Shleep" which I cant reccomend highly enough. One of My fave CD's ever...Give His Music a listen to Please!! "Nick Drake" is another on that same order.........Well, there You go and I hope this leads some of You to discover some new and exciting music into Your lives!! Happy Listenings!!! swash

Edited by - swash on 09/24/2003 12:38:04
swash
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Plata66 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:51 am

Don't forget Harold Budd, Roger Eno, Channel Light Vessel,Popul Vuh, Dead Can Dance, Larajii, John Foxx, Michael Brook, David Sylvian, Virginia Astley, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, Eberhard Schoener, Klause Schultze, Hans Joachim Roedelius. All various electr
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby Rider » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:11 am

Erik Satie defo - I'm thinking 6 Gnossiennes - superb. Also the old fave Gymnopedies.

Nick Drake every time. EVERY time. Pink Moon's the one really - and if you rully, rully wanna cut to the chase go to the track 'Things Behind the Sun' and also Paras
Rider
Running Up That Hill

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions