Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Sting is back in 5.1 audio

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Sting is back in 5.1 audio

Postby coldmusic2 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:49 am

Hi everyone, Sting is back! I was at work at Universal Music and came across his latest CD entitled “Sacred Love”. Has anyone else heard this? This bad boy is in 5.1 audio. For all you folks with home theater systems this is huge. Hearing sting all around you is just amazing. I personally like the track featuring Mary J. Blige “Whenever I say your Name.” I find myself playing this song repeatedly. Also the track “Dead Man’s Rope” is reminiscent of “Fields of Gold.” For anyone interested in hearing some of sting’s music in 5.1 audio here’s a link: http://www.buymusic.com/product.aspx?sku=200737190

Edited by - coldmusic2 on 10/09/2003 14:08:29

Edited by - coldmusic2 on 10/09/2003 14:09:03
coldmusic2
Running Up That Hill

Postby Jason² » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:12 am

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that someone at Universal Music Group was told by their higher-up to find all the '80s oriented sites on the internet and try to promote the new Sting disc.

I say this, because NO self-respecting '80s fan that posts
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby randy » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:58 am

I could not agree with you more. In fact , nothing he has done since The Police is worth a second listen to.
randy
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:06 am

Triple ditto. I remember being completely passionate about his music in the early 80s then being kinda sad I didn't really like him anymore. Now I can't stand his freakin' incessant rhyming!!! Aaaargh, why must he do that?!

I'll give him credit for Br
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby tglopez » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:03 am

I was bummed when the Police broke up. I did buy the first couple Sting Cd's and I really like "Russians", I also think "Englishman in New York" is a great song.
tglopez
Take On Me

Postby British » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:02 am

The Police called it quits at the right time. After Every Breath you Take, they hit #1, and anything after that would have been bad. It would have just been an album to ride the coattails of their success.
British
Room at the Top

Postby Amosboy » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:51 pm

Let me put my two cents on this one.

The Police were one of the coolest bands ever!!!

I cought them late in thier run on the Day on the Green show in 83 with the fixx, madness and thomson twins on the bill. Thier early stuff was absolutly the best,
Amosboy
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:15 pm

Agreed...mostly. I wouldn't get too revisionist about egos though. It's commonly reported that Stewart also had quite the ego and was constantly pushing for more drum work in the songs. I think Stew and Gordo deserved eachother.

- Mike
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions