Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Rivellos

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

The Rivellos

Postby British » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:06 am

A quick watching of 16 candles the other night provoked me to find a certain song:. "rev-up" by the Rivellos.

Anyone got the scoop on them? From what litle I heard of the song, I like it. Nice n quirky. Couldn't find them at all on Soulseek.

Hmm, maybe the 16 candles soundtrack is chock full of rare tunes not unlike the Valley Girl soundtrack?

"now we're both on the pill!""
British
Room at the Top

Postby Bob-O » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:50 am

They started life as the Scottish poppy punk band The Rezillos, swapped a few members and became the Revillos

http://www.revillos.co.uk/
Bob-O
Take On Me

Postby Justj0hn » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:19 am

"rev-up" by the Rivellos.(Revillos)

Which is featured on the great album of the same title. I believe it was reissued on CD a few years back.

Caught their ReZillos reunion show last year. What a fantastiK time that was. Sadly, no "Somebody Is Gonna
Justj0hn
Personal Jesus

Postby 1981baby » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:14 am

if you look for something on a soulseek it's best to simply wishlist it and check back hours later. i have a thirty song album i got off soulseek called the complete rezillos(almost) which is about 30 songs from them compiling b sides ep's etc. i unfourtu
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby 1981baby » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:48 am

Wow! There's a guy on soulseek with video of a performance by them on top of the pops. He's also got some paul collins beat live in paris from 1990.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions