Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Richard Blade on the air again

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Richard Blade on the air again

Postby Val-Dude 85 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:21 am

I have gave up on Los Angeles area radio stations 1 1/2 years ago and bought a Sirius satellite tuner for my car and have never looked back.
Richard Blade just started his first day today as a DJ for stream 22 "First Wave". Anyone who grew up in the 80's listening to KROQ in the Los Angeles area knows who Richard is and appreciates his taste in new wave music. He was the #1 DJ on the west coast from the begining to the end of the new wave era, I highly recomend listening to him stream if you have acces to a satellite radio.

Val
Open mind-for sure for sure, I'm a valley dude and there is no cure
Val-Dude 85
Running Up That Hill

Postby tglopez » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:47 pm

Can we get a playlist to this stream 22? I'd sign up for satellite radio if a new what tunes they played. Is it true that Blade used to play "novelty" tunes on KROQ? I don't like those! (Sorry to change the subject)
tglopez
Take On Me

Postby iceage3 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:09 pm

You can go to www.siriusradio.com then click listen--rock--22 first wave and sample 20 minutes of a live broadcast. Richard was on today from 12:00 noon to 6:00 west coast time. I think Dr. Demento is the novelty DJ you're thinking of, he was big in the e
iceage3
Running Up That Hill

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:36 am

Maybe you're thinking of Rodney on the Roq as the novelty guy...not really novelty but obscurities and rarities. He was great.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions