Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

the movie 200 cigarettes set new years eve 1981

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

the movie 200 cigarettes set new years eve 1981

Postby 1981baby » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:59 pm

any1 here ever seen this movie? you ought to. it's filled with goth and punk kids along with 20 somethings sorting out their love lives. sort of like a new wave version of "Singles" with new wave in place of grunge. it came out in 1999 and had jay mohr, kate hudson, courtney love, ben affleck, christina ricci, dave chapelle a get this... elvis costello and a few other b list semi a list actors and actresses. watchin it as i type on tbs and it's definately worth checking out. here's the soundtrack:

Cruel to Be Kind - Nick Lowe
In the Flesh - Blondie
Just What I Needed - Cars
Save It for Later - Harvey Danger
Our Lips Are Sealed - Go Go's
I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
I Don't Care - Ramones
Boogie Wonderland - Girls Against Boys
Ladies Night - Kool & the Gang
It's Different for Girls - Joe Jackson
Nowhere Girl - B Movie
More Than This - Roxy Music
Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits
(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and... - Elvis Costello And The Attractions
Blondie Medley - Rapture/Maria/No Exit - The Loud Allstar Rock Remix] performed by Blondie / Coolio / Loud Allstars

oddly enough though tainted love is played at least twice in the film it isn't on the soundtrack. i'll have to rent this to see it again being that it's set in new york. whoa this my fourth edit. there are actually like 20 or more songs played during the movie but only the ones listed made the soundtrack.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby Bob-O » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:03 am

I remember watching the movie and thinking it wasn't all that bad. They didn't really make the 80's connection all that imperitive to the story line, it just happened to be set then.
Bob-O
Take On Me

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions