Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Cool Bands

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Cool Bands

Postby DearGod » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:01 pm

Here are a few relatively new bands i've been listening to

They have a really cool vibe, if you havent heard them as of yet ....ya might give it a go

The Moving Units

Ladytron

Solvent

The Postal Service

Explosions in The Sky

Fisher Spooner

The Black Heart Procession

Modest Mouse

The String Quartet Tributes... they have many cd's but ive been listening to the radiohead and new order covers done classical in strings.......fucking brilliant!

And lately I cant stop listening to Bauhaus and Joy Division
I was listening to the Lost In Translation OST and thought a perfect companion song to that would be Joy Division's "Atmosphere" so i made a new cd with it...hehehe
What's a nerdgirl to do!!!!

have I told you how much i adore joy div and bauhaus???
I'll have you know i was a death rocker and sported robert smith-esq
hair do's and was always clad in black with my creepers!! haha Scamming at Knott's Berry Farm's...Studio K
Ahhhhhh memories!!!!!!
I just took my own children for the weekend and talk about nostalgia.....
Those were the days!!!!!!
DearGod
Room at the Top

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions