Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Canadian bands One To One and Strange Advance!

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Canadian bands One To One and Strange Advance!

Postby expo86 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:39 am

OK, lets give these bands a chance. One To One is from Ottawa. I had three of their albums. The first one FORWARD YOUR EMOTIONS was not bad for a debut from 1985 with songs like "Angel In My Pocket" and "There Was A Time". I found the second release better. It was released in 1988 with "Hold Me Now" and the remake of "Lovechild". This CD was great from start to finish, for me anyway. The third CD had the song "Peace of Mind" but it mellowed out after that.

Strange Advance are from my hometown, Vancouver, BC. I met their manager on several occasions. He signed their CD OVER 60 MINUTES WITH STRANGE ADVANCE for me. Darryl Kromm owns a recording studio near my house. The first two albums WORLDS AWAY and 2W0 were my favorites. The third release only had two good songs on it [8D]"Love Becomes Electric" and "Who Lives Next Door".
expo86
Switchin' to Glide

Postby sirzap » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:44 am

I fondly remember "We Run" getting frequent airplay on WLIR 15+ years back and then found 2W0 in a little record store in Frederick MD about 10 years ago, Great Stuff! [:)]
sirzap
Take On Me

Postby proufo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:23 pm

[quote]Originally posted by expo86
[br]OK, lets give these bands a chance. One To One is from Ottawa. I had three of their albums.
proufo
Take On Me

Postby expo86 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:15 pm

Forward Your Emotions never came out on CD. But, I have a strange hunch it may be out on CD in Germany because there are a number of Canadian releases that only came out on LP and cassette being reissued on CD in Germany. Platinum Blonde's "Alien Shores
expo86
Switchin' to Glide

Postby 1981baby » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:10 am

i got a 192 bitrate quality rip of foward your emotions afew months back. i didn't like it. i'll give it a second listen but the 1997 album one to one with new members did as artificial joy club is definately a good album. i'd like to check out their albu
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions