Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Anybody like Level 42?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Anybody like Level 42?

Postby expo86 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:38 pm

"How, how can it be
That a love carved out of caring
Fashioned by fate
Is it so hard
From the games played once to often"

- Something About You

I have this on the Classic Masters CD. They had some good songs.
expo86
Switchin' to Glide

Postby fritzb » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:53 am

"Something About You" is a classic. "Lessons In Love" is pretty good too. Beyond that, I'm a bit thin on my appreciation. [:I]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby tglopez » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:44 am

Nope.
tglopez
Take On Me

Postby Monimania » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:01 am

Love Level 42. 'Something About You' is soundtrack music to the summer of 1986 for me, and 'Lessons in Love' dominated the summer of 1987.
Monimania
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Momotaro » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:09 am

I never considered these guys new wave, but certainly an intergal part of the "full" 80's listening picture - - Mr. Mister would be a similar situation.

That said, they had some nice songs beyond the actual US hits - - "Leaving me now" from the World M
Momotaro
Take On Me

Postby unguarded moment » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:05 am

They were always Not "New Wave" but Top-40 to me also.
In my neck of the woods, I don't Recall any of the real "New Music" clubs of the NY/NJ area playing their stuff, nor WLIR giving Level 42 or Mister Mister much if any play.
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby audiofool » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:04 am

Man, I used to love these guys. The first song that hit the waves in my area was "Love Games" from their s/t album. Pursuit of Accidents was also a fave album and their EPs were guaranteed floor fillers in Toronto and Cambridge, Ontario. (thanks to the m
audiofool
Take On Me

Postby viny » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:46 pm

I LOVE LEVEL 42. I've got all their albums as well as both official Mark King solo albums (he's put out a few live discs on his website that I haven't bought yet). I also have the Mike Lindup solo album "Changes" on vinyl but also downloaded all of the
viny
Running Up That Hill

Postby Glen » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:03 am

"Something About You," will always be a favorite of mine, as it is part of the "soundtrack to my life" during the summer of 1986, having graduated high school and looking on to college, grooming my mullet (with the blonde stripe in the back, because I was
Glen
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions