Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Holly and the Italians?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Holly and the Italians?

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:37 am

Hey, did someone mention these guys here awhile ago? I got a great treat when I went into NYC last night to see some friends play. I got there terribly early to help set up and started chatting up this mellow dude at the bar. Turns out he's Steve Dalton, the former drummer of Holly and the Italians. We talked New Wave for over an hour, and he was seemed pleased that their names had come up on our board.

He had quite a lot of great stories about the old days - personal acquaintances like Joan Jett, Jayne (formerly Wayne) County, the X guys, Joey Ramone, Blondie, the Conrete Blond guys, recollections of some days out in LA with Rodney Bingenheimer, how the Go-Go's used to be all pissed off that they couldn't get any air time over somebody (I can't remember who - I was getting pretty buzzed), etc. He also ran off a huge list of remembrances of concerts he caught in LA, NYC, and London - big Plimsouls fan it turns out which made him cool in my book. I wish I had the senses to remember more - it would have made a nice formal interview.

Just thought I'd share - it was a blast!

PS. He can't freakin stand REM!!! [^]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Plata66 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:53 am

Wow, Great. makes you wish you has a little tape recorder with you at all times doesn't it.
Plata66
Take On Me

Postby 1981baby » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:04 am

man that's cool. did you get any contact info? i'm sure many of us here wouldn't mind seeing a written interview from him on the topics you guys already discussed.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:30 am

[quote]Originally posted by 1981baby
[br]man that's cool. did you get any contact info? i'm sure many of us here wouldn't mind seein
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby safesurfer » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:14 pm

Very cool. I was DJ'ing at a club in Seattle for awhile, and I used to throw in tracks from _The Right To Be Italian_ every now and then. They always went over well.
safesurfer
Running Up That Hill

Postby Momotaro » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:59 pm

I think I'd be like Chris Farley doing those interviews on SNL - -

"uh,uh...rememeber when you played drums....and, and remember you were in that band, Holly and the Italians?.....that was cool......"
Momotaro
Take On Me

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:09 am

[quote]Originally posted by bpdp3
[br]I think I'd be like Chris Farley doing those interviews on SNL - -

"uh,uh...rememeber when
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:01 am

Great story myirwin! Aren't unplanned experiences like that a blast? Maybe one day the Outpost will have a chat forum where we could recruit people like him to spend an hour or two answering questions. I'd have to think there's plenty of former stars w
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby Justj0hn » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:48 am

I only have the record billed as Holly Beth Vincent which is excellent. "Uptown" is a fave of mine.

Heh....we briefly toyed with the idea of hitting Arlene's on monday night to catch punk rock/heavy metal karaoke....that or paying a visit to the Korova
Justj0hn
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions