Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Wave covers the Beatles

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

New Wave covers the Beatles

Postby oneno » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:37 am

New Wave covers the Beatles. Okay this should be fun. What "new wave" bands covered the Beatles and what songs were they?
I'll start it off with.
Danielle Dax-Tomorrow Never Knows (TNK)
801 live-(TNK)
Polyrock-Rain
Random Hold-We can work it out.
Siouxie and the Banshees-Dear Prudence
Flying Lizards-Money (that's what I want)
It'll be interesting to see what people consider a "New Wave" band and all the covers I'm not aware of.
User avatar
oneno
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 6:23 am
Location: USA

Postby Jason² » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:08 pm

The Chameleons - Tomorrow Never Knows (I see a pattern here)
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Helter Skelter
Thompson Twins - Revolution
Flying Lizards - Money (That's What I Want)
Laibach - the entire Let It Be album
The Damned - Help
Candy Flip - Strawberry Fields Forever
Jason²
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:17 am
Location: USA

Postby bpdp3 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:09 pm

Geez - - I know the Mission UK did a version of 'Tomorrow Never Knows' as well!
bpdp3
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:04 am
Location:

Postby bpdp3 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:29 pm

The Jam did a version of 'And your bird can sing' - - it's on the 'Extras' CD....
bpdp3
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:04 am
Location:

Postby DevoManiac101 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:18 am

i only know of one that you handn't listed so far..

Dollar - I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Thanks
DevoManiac101
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:53 am
Location: USA

Postby Justj0hn » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:41 pm

Not quite "new wave" but....

Happiness Is A Warm Gun[The Breeders]
Cry Baby Cry(on the 'Counting Backwards' EP)[Throwing Muses]
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey[Kristen Hersh]

J.j.......
Justj0hn
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: USA

Postby unguarded moment » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:03 am

The Feelies also did a version of "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me and My Monkey."
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:37 am
Location:

Postby whistledog » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:00 am

The 1981 #1 hit (can I say this all in one breath) "Medley: Intro Venus / Sugar Sugar / No Reply / I'll Be Back / Drive My Car / Do You Want To Know A Secret / We Can Work It Out / I Should Have Known Better / Nowhere Man / You're Going To Lose That Girl / Stars On 45" by the Stars on 45 was a medley of Beatles tunes (minus 'Venus' and 'Sugar Sugar' of course) [8D]
whistledog
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: Canada

Postby phillyidol » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:44 am

Tomorrow never knows was also covered by our lady peace and believe it or not, phil collins.
phillyidol
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 7459
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:35 am
Location: USA

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:53 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by whistledog[/i]
<br>The 1981 #1 hit (can I say this all in one breath) "Medley: Intro Venus / Sugar Sugar / No Reply / I'll Be Back / Drive My Car / Do You Want To Know A Secret / We Can Work It Out / I Should Have Known Better / Nowhere Man / You're Going To Lose That Girl / Stars On 45" by the Stars on 45 was a medley of Beatles tunes (minus 'Venus' and 'Sugar Sugar' of course) [8D]
[/quote]

Stars on 45 were new wave? I learn a new thing every day.
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:01 am
Location:

Postby KYYX4ever » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:58 am

U2 also did a version of "Helter Skelter"
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 4191
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:51 pm
Location:

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:59 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by whistledog[/i]
<br>The 1981 #1 hit (can I say this all in one breath) "Medley: Intro Venus / Sugar Sugar / No Reply / I'll Be Back / Drive My Car / Do You Want To Know A Secret / We Can Work It Out / I Should Have Known Better / Nowhere Man / You're Going To Lose That Girl / Stars On 45" by the Stars on 45 was a medley of Beatles tunes (minus 'Venus' and 'Sugar Sugar' of course) [8D]
[/quote]


Stars on 45 were new wave? I learn a new thing every day.
[/quote]


Yeah and Gino Vanelli rules! Welcome to the WTFO.
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:38 pm
Location: Vatican City

Postby My Aural Stimulator » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:00 am

WTFO = What the fuck outpost?
My Aural Stimulator
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:01 am
Location:

Postby i_like_lectric_motors » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:01 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>WTFO = What the fuck outpost?
[/quote]

We have a winner. Pick up your avatar on the way out.
i_like_lectric_motors
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 6332
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:38 pm
Location: Vatican City

Postby whistledog » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:06 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by i_like_lectric_motors[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by My Aural Stimulator[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by whistledog[/i]
<br>The 1981 #1 hit (can I say this all in one breath) "Medley: Intro Venus / Sugar Sugar / No Reply / I'll Be Back / Drive My Car / Do You Want To Know A Secret / We Can Work It Out / I Should Have Known Better / Nowhere Man / You're Going To Lose That Girl / Stars On 45" by the Stars on 45 was a medley of Beatles tunes (minus 'Venus' and 'Sugar Sugar' of course) [8D]
[/quote]


Stars on 45 were new wave? I learn a new thing every day.
[/quote]


Yeah and Gino Vanelli rules! Welcome to the WTFO.
[/quote]

what is wrong with Gino Vannelli [?]
whistledog
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: Canada

Next

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests