Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Bands I, or anyone else can't stand!

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Postby Frayo » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:34 am

Whoops!

I must need a new pair of contacts..
I thought it was this.
"Bands I, or anyone else can't understand!"

Sorry about that..

As for me well....

Take a look on the pop charts...most of that falls into this category if you have half a br
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby ekahob » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:08 am

Give R.E.M. and U2 a break. They are still making great music but you have to give them a chance. Sure they have put out some duds ("Shiny Happy People" anyone?) but I like their last albums. Not many bands can lay claim to such a long heritage.

If
ekahob
The Jet Set

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:58 am

Sorry bashers, but U2 are one of the classiest bands to grace the stage and they continue to renew *my* faith in music. Just when I gave up on the entire music industry, they released "All That You Can't Leave Behind", one of the best albums of all time.
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby tha_farfetch » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:10 pm

REM is a fantastic band, they have such a big discography and big hits from that great album "Murmur" till now and they are still making good music. It's a pity the DJs had to torture us night and day playing only "Losing My Religion" and "Shiny Happy
tha_farfetch
Personal Jesus

Postby BHols » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:12 pm

If you think Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the fart' was bad you should have heard her Air Supply cover of 'Makin' Love out of nothing at all' or 'Holding out for a hero,' better yet that whole Secret Dreams & Forbidden Fire collection. There's a duet
BHols
Personal Jesus

Postby SwampThing » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:17 pm

I think REM and U2 are great bands and deserve respect. I think they are my generations version of the Who and Rolling Stones. I just happen to think the 80's versions of those bands are far superior to the 90' and present versions. And yes I've listen
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby expo86 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:29 pm

Quote: I don't know why all those programmers felt the need to force this crap down our throats (BHols)

OK. Now it's my turn!!! I have a remastered CD by smooth jazz pianist Keiko Matsui called "Dream Walk". A U.S. music reviewer said on it that it's
expo86
Switchin' to Glide

Postby BHols » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:27 am

[quote]Originally posted by SwampThing
[br]I think REM and U2 are great bands and deserve respect. I think they are my generations
BHols
Personal Jesus

Postby fritzb » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:49 am

You guys need to chill and lay off the Haterade. [;)]

I have always been very open minded when I comes to my musical tastes - a trait which got me into New Wave in the first place. I listen to everything from Classical to Techno and a dozen genres in b
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby BHols » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:59 am

[quote]Originally posted by fritzb
[br]You guys need to chill and lay off the Haterade. [;)]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></bloc
BHols
Personal Jesus

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:29 am

I hate anything from the Cure (way, way overrated), Echo & Bunnymen, Depeche Mode, New Order AND Joy Division, Buzzcocks, Jam (and anything else by whazziz name), Squeeze, Split Enz, Cars, Clash, Cramps, Devo (Swiffing sellouts!), Duran Duran, Madness, Sp
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby 2Nu » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:36 am

Hey Dave,
I'm sure it's in all in jest and I hope your leanings are just a send up of that 'one' miscreant chameleon poster who lurks among us. YIKES [:0]

P.S. Please folks, it's fun to freely express our opinions but, let's not let this thread sink
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:56 am

Yes, I hope nobody misses the parody!
I'm always pretty vocal against these silly bashing threads when *people* create them.
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby dead_irony@yahoo.com » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:03 am

HA! I love how this has turned into a U2 bash board.

Personally, say whatever you want about Bono and the Boys--I love them. So much so that my husband woke-up angry this morning after having a dream where I was sitting in Bono's lap for some reason.
dead_irony@yahoo.com
Personal Jesus

Postby 2Nu » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:37 am

Ok BHols,
I've put on my Nomex hood, aluminized helmet and bunker gear to fend off your inevitable FLAME response. But being a fellow "Longuylander" (sorry if that made you cringe), I must come to the defense of ol' Billy J. He always came across as a se
2Nu
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions