Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What radio shows do you have?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

What radio shows do you have?

Postby savethewave » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:49 am

Something that I've been thinking about for a long time is I wonder how many of us on this site have tapes off the air of old New Wave radio shows.

Better still, who has original program vinyl or tape of a syndicated show? I'd love to trade. I'll post my complete list shortly.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby Ollie Stench » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:09 am

I have #517 and #519 of Wavebreaker on vinyl. #519 is on cd already , the other will be soon.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby savethewave » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:04 am

This is good. I have one of the Wavebreakers too, along with Music View, Radio Free America, and a few others.
savethewave
The Jet Set

Postby Quite Life » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:25 am

I have some tapes here and there of old shows that were on the Quake.

Like: Midnight Dreads with Doug Weint, Life on the Faltline, Early Tremours, Rock over London, and some Alex Bennet w/Joe Regelski morning shows.

jr
Quite Life
Room at the Top

Re: What radio shows do you have?

Postby EnterYouLikeALottery » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Wavebreaker was a syndicated radio show that was produced at New York University's radio station in the early 80's. It had another name before Wavebreaker, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. The last time I did some searching I was able to find an email address of one of the producers or maybe the host, and I emailed but no one ever got back to me. The reason I was searching this time was I had to clean out the storage room I had and ran across my collection of 19 episodes all recorded on crappy cassettes of the time. The quality is bad, but not as bad as you would think for 33 year old cassettes recorded on the cheapest blank cassettes available at the time. When listening to these tapes I am always struck by the fact that when a song first appeared on the countdown, I can almost guarantee this was the first time I ever heard that song, which means I can literally pinpoint the day I first heard dozens of classic songs. I have never ever seen any of these on record, but I will make a concerted effort to find them if I can. If anyone remembers what the original show was called let me know!

I have since found out the the original show was called Tidal Wave, for some reason this does not ring a bell, but time does that!
EnterYouLikeALottery
Running Up That Hill

Re: What radio shows do you have?

Postby q89747 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:27 pm

I used to catch Rock Over London on WXRT in Chicago every so often. I think it's the first place I heard 'Glamorous Glue' by Morrissey. The host played that followed by 'This Charming Man'... then he says 'So which era Morrissey do you prefer? I know which one I do.'
q89747
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions