Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

A BIG thanks to Mike P.

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

A BIG thanks to Mike P.

Postby schwenko » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 pm

I just noticed that this is the 10 year anniversary of my joining the NWO discussion board. Little did I know then what the result of such would be.
I have to give a big thank you to Mike P for creating and maintaining this site.
I've been entertained, educated, and even a few times, pissed off, from the many contributions made by the visitors to this site.
And I never would have anticipated the many relationships engendered by visiting the NWO (with just a little obssessiveness). Both in cyberspace and in the real world. You guys are the best. Thank you to all!

Now get back to work and figure out WTF sang "Stay-The Second Time Around" [:D][:D]

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm

I raise a glass to you both!
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby djcraig » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:56 am

Much props!
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby coop41 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:09 am

Cheers!
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 am

Thanks Mike![:D] I know the board is a bit of a ghost town at times with Facebook and other social sites becoming more the draw but that was expected. I do hope to retool it to integrate better across social and other music-related sites. I've met some great friends in all of you despite the occasional sparring and pissing contests. It's great to see old guys like us carrying the torch for the lost music of our generation while continuing to discover and share new stuff. May we never rest when it comes to music!
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Jeffrey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:56 am

I'd like to add my kudos into the mix as well. I would certainly be lost without this wonderful place that Mike P. created. He's made a universe where like-minded people can go to and share information, opinions, laughs and good will concerning a musical genre we all love. This is really the cyber version of what MTV started in a sense. It's more than just reliving a "past" but a "present" and a definite "future" as well. New Wave has always been forward thinking, quirky, out-there, revolutionary and a bit of a rebel. I come here just about every day to check on what's going on. You guys amaze me with your posts. If it weren't for Mike P. starting this place, I wouldn't find out about all the great reissues artists are releasing, and whether it's worth it in picking up. I hold a HUGE amount of respect and gratitude to the New Wave Outpost. Thank you Mike P. and thank you its contributers.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
Personal Jesus

Postby SallyLightfoot » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20 am

I notice there is a PayPal button at the top of the page if anyone wants to show the love financially.
SallyLightfoot
Room at the Top

Postby TragicMagic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:30 am

Big thanks from Down-Under as well while we are all at it. NWO has been in my daily browsing routine for many years now.

So many of you are so knowlegable...its awesome knowing that If I need to now the name or artists of a song.. or find something rare, odd are one of you people will know. Not to mention having a chuckle!

TM
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Postby q89747 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am

Cheers to the NWO.
q89747
Personal Jesus

Postby wherewereuin82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:09 am

Congrats!! I keep wanting hit the "like" button on everyone's posts [:)]
wherewereuin82
Room at the Top

Postby Spit » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks Mike P not only for this site but for not kicking my butt out of here in the past for let's say , one too many "questionable post" by me.You know you wanted to , but I'm glad you didn't. [:)]
Spit
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by MikeP[/i]
<br>I've met some great friends in all of you despite the occasional sparring and pissing contests.
[/quote]
My pleasure. [:o)]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby plagiarism » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by SallyLightfoot[/i]
<br>I notice there is a PayPal button at the top of the page if anyone wants to show the love financially.
[/quote]

Done. I've learned tons being here and met a few great friends along the way. Thanks so much for this board, Mike.
plagiarism
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:29 am

Cheers to the NWO ! I have loved benefiting from everyone's NW knowledge here.[:X]
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby bjorn82 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:26 am

Best forum !!!

4 year NWO Anniversary in 2007

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18310

It looks like the NWO forum section officially got rolling in April of 2003. Happy Anniversary to those first-month founders who are still around (at least on occassion).

FritzB
Jimbo
SiouxMoux
Schwenko
AJWave
Gazebo
Jason2
New WavePopman
The Farfetch
Quite Life
Frayo
Egg-Roger