Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Peter Hook has plan for JD/NO tapes

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Peter Hook has plan for JD/NO tapes

Postby rewind » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:36 am

rewind
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 am

"It's like finding an old love letter"...with wads of cash in it.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby hypnohighball » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:42 pm

I can't think of anyone else I'd rather get those tapes and make something out of them - certainly not Barney. He'd mix down or out all of Hooky's bass lines! [:0]
hypnohighball
Take On Me

Postby djcraig » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 am

Peter Hook has revealed that ongoing attempts to buy back the tapes have reached a stalemate. Speaking to Billboard, the bass player explained that he had offered Adamson "a substantial reward" for the discovery, but received a phone call shortly afterwards informing him that it "wasn’t enough".

The case is now in the hands of Warner Music, who own the Joy Division / New Order catalogue.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/stalemat ... -tapes-row
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:12 pm

I hope karma comes back to bite Julia Adamson :-).
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:54 am

Utter bullshit Obs. The real story is that that absolute selfish cunt Hook offered Julie a mere $£2000 for what he Hoped to turn around into 1000s and 1000s. Fair enough, everyone deserves to make some money, but this absolute fucking prick of an excuse for man has offered this woman a ludicrously tiny amount of money as a token so that he could then drag her name through the mud and paint her as the villain. Who has been the cunt whoring his old colleagues' music for whatever payday her can garner? Pssst...Peter Cunthook. Fair enough, he should be allowed to make some money off his old work, but he should pay a fair price to do so. He was the moron who had no idea how to earn any money back in the day and pissed it all away being both lazy and stupid (along with the rest of New Order). And now he wants a freebie from some woman who's out for a buck too, but no less than what this putrid whore is out for. Disgusting fucking cunt he is.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Hmm, I don't know what would be a fair amount, but I would like to see the source of that number. What other offers did she get for the other tapes she stumbled upon?

On another note, if I found someone's wallet, I would just give it back to them, free of charge.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby hypnohighball » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:08 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by obs[/i]
<br>Hmm, I don't know what would be a fair amount, but I would like to see the source of that number. What other offers did she get for the other tapes she stumbled upon?

On another note, if I found someone's wallet, I would just give it back to them, free of charge.
[/quote]

I agree with you. Frau's seething and foul-mouthed post makes me think someone has some serious "issues", and it's not Peter Hook![:0]
hypnohighball
Take On Me

Postby rewind » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:04 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Frau_Blucher[/i]
<br>
Fair enough, he should be allowed to make some money off his old work, but he should pay a fair price to do so.
[/quote]

Huh? He should PAY to earn money from HIS OWN work?? By rights, he doesn't have to give this woman a dime. She doesn't own the material and has no rights to exploit it. She can't do much more with these tapes then stare at them in her bedroom. Sounds like Hook is being generous by offering her a way to make SOME money. In fact, she's behaving more like a kidnapper holding out for a larger ransom.

You've stated twice -- correctly -- that Hook "deserves to make money," and "should be allowed to make money..." No kidding. You've acknowledged that the woman is "out for a buck." Bingo.

The fact that Hook and "the rest of New order" may have been "lazy and stupid" back in the day doesn't mean they forfeited the rights to their work.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby djcraig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:43 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by hypnohighball[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by obs[/i]
<br>Hmm, I don't know what would be a fair amount, but I would like to see the source of that number. What other offers did she get for the other tapes she stumbled upon?

[/quote]

I agree with you. Frau's seething and foul-mouthed post makes me think someone has some serious "issues", and it's not Peter Hook![:0]
[/quote]
Frau suffers from Written Turrets Syndrome, a rare condition that causes him to blurt out expletives as he types but we keep him around as long as he promises to wear his helmet.

As far as we can tell, it's not cuntagious...
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:19 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by djcraig[/i]
As far as we can tell, it's not cuntagious...
[/quote]
Nice.

Btw, source was Julie herself and Steve Shy ( of Shy Talk) over some ales in Manchester. They could both be lying I suppose but seemed earnest and taken aback. Plus, combine that with Hooky's current whoring, and, well, just use your judgement.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:16 pm

[i]> Btw, source was Julie herself and Steve Shy ( of Shy Talk) over some ales in Manchester.[/i]

And you were there to witness this conversation?
obs
Room at the Top

Postby Spit » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:18 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Frau_Blucher[/i]
<br>Utter bullshit Obs. The real story is that that absolute selfish cunt Hook offered Julie a mere $£2000 for what he Hoped to turn around into 1000s and 1000s. Fair enough, everyone deserves to make some money, but this absolute fucking prick of an excuse for man has offered this woman a ludicrously tiny amount of money as a token so that he could then drag her name through the mud and paint her as the villain. Who has been the cunt whoring his old colleagues' music for whatever payday her can garner? Pssst...Peter Cunthook. Fair enough, he should be allowed to make some money off his old work, but he should pay a fair price to do so. He was the moron who had no idea how to earn any money back in the day and pissed it all away being both lazy and stupid (along with the rest of New Order). And now he wants a freebie from some woman who's out for a buck too, but no less than what this putrid whore is out for. Disgusting fucking cunt he is.
[/quote]
Is this like one of those "How many cunts can you find in this reply"games ?I found 4...or should I make that 5.[}:)] [:o)]

Anyway , It seems to me that if both sides do not work out some kind of deal, both sides lose.
Maybe a 60(Hook)40(Julie)split of all profits is in order.
Spit
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by obs[/i]
<br>[i]> Btw, source was Julie herself and Steve Shy ( of Shy Talk) over some ales in Manchester.[/i]

And you were there to witness this conversation?
[/quote]
Of course not, just as no one else here with any other opinion based them on any facts whatsoever, but ooh, someone must be out to get the poor music whore....um, artist. Sheep. Mind you though, same twat who offered Madonna a whole £50 to play longer at the Hacienda. £50! Phew!! Quite the philanthropist.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions