Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Blondie's New York

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Blondie's New York

Postby plagiarism » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:31 am

The Smithsonian Channel is airing a documentary on Blondie, premiering Friday, March 21. Damn, I wish I got that channel.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/we ... s-new-york
plagiarism
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:07 am

on the Smithsonian website it lists a number of ways to watch this.
Luckily this channel is in the package that I subscribe to for exorbitant rates (recently increased even more).But it looks like you can watch on iPad, HULU etc
And it wouldn't surprise me if it eventually becomes available on DVD to but

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 am

Just watched it. Excellent. Contemporary interviews (including Jimmy Destri, Frank Infante, Nigel Harrison, Mike Chapman, Bob Gruen, Glen O'Brien, Roberta Bayley) with classic performance footage.

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby wasproxy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 pm

really well done. liked how they decomposed parallel lines at the mixing board. worth a watch for sure
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby edwardnky » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 am

[quote]Originally posted by plagiarism
[br]The Smithsonian Channel is airing a documentary on Blondie, premiering Friday, March 21. Damn, I wish I got that channel.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/sc/we ... s-new-york

[/quote]

You should have got a coupon at their sxsw show for a free Smithsonian episode download from itunes. This episode is what was playing on the tv's on the wall. It's what they were trying to promote I think..
edwardnky
The Jet Set

Postby plagiarism » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by edwardnky[/i]

You should have got a coupon at their sxsw show for a free Smithsonian episode download from itunes. This episode is what was playing on the tv's on the wall. It's what they were trying to promote I think..
[/quote]

I didn't realize at the time I posted the original message that I have 2 of those download cards. But yeah, those non-stop promos got me interested.
plagiarism
Room at the Top

Postby q89747 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Settin' the ol' DVR to record in an hour!
q89747
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions