Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What song got you listening to New Wave?

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Postby tory » Mon May 24, 2004 8:32 pm

I was in the 6th Form (i.e my final year) in 1977 in a posh Sydney school, and my friends and I were blown away by such songs as Peaches by the Stranglers and Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols. I was already in a band, and suddenly we realised that it
tory
Switchin' to Glide

Postby bobbylove » Mon May 24, 2004 8:40 pm

Just to give it an anglocentric spin, here are the records that first tipped me on to New Wave. I didn't really know what New Wave was at the time. I knew I liked them but didn't know why! They were all hits in the UK and they would have been performed on
bobbylove
Running Up That Hill

Postby KYYX4ever » Tue May 25, 2004 3:59 am

>>Then, in 1980, KZAM ("Modern Music, Modern Mono") played post-punk plus New Wave power pop, Devo, Fabulous Poodles, Any Trouble, Echo & the Bunnymen and Seattle's own power pop quartet, the Heats ("I Don't Like Your Face").

In 1983 KYYX became "The
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Wed May 26, 2004 3:20 am

It was 1979 and I was 12 years old. I first heard Joe Jackson's "Is She Really Going Out With Him" on WBAB on Long Island. At the same time, I listened to a 45 single by some strange sounding guy named Elvis Costello. The song was "(I Do Not Want To
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby wallofboingo » Thu May 27, 2004 10:01 am

At the tender age of 21, I regret that I couldn't have been around when New Wave was at its peak. About 5 years ago, Halloween night 1999 in fact, they played a song that changed my musical taste forever on the local Seattle 80's radio station. The song w
wallofboingo
Take On Me

Postby BeauBeau » Thu May 27, 2004 3:02 pm

When I was a sophomore or junior in high school, I discovered WLIR by accident. Or maybe someone recommended it. I really can't remember.

I do remember that one of the first songs that hooked me was that Way of the West song, "Don't say that's just fo
BeauBeau
Switchin' to Glide

Previous

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions