Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Great source for album art / Erasure "Chorus" help!

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Great source for album art / Erasure "Chorus" help!

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:18 am

Besides being a music fanatic I am also a huge fan of album art and have spent the past few years scanning and repairing in Photoshop, hundreds of LP, 12" and 7" single sleeves. It's a true labor of love and I enjoy sharing them with fellow fans and collectors. There is a great site called Album Art Exchange where like-minded people can share high quality album art, from 600x600 to 1500x1500 in size. This link is to all of MY uploads http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers. ... groove_art Lots of Erasure, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, Go-Go's, Thompson Twins, Pet Shop Boys, and on and on. Check the site out, it's a treasure trove of high quality images!

Now, I would like ask for some assistance on one album art item in particular:

Yesterday I finished and uploaded my re-creation of Erasure's "Chorus" LP art - sourced from a large promotional poster I bought a few years ago. It turned out beautifully! But I would love to also re-create the CD artwork in the same high quality. I have the CD, but I know that the vinyl LP inner sleeve has the same images that were used on the CD version of the cover - the pictures of Vince and Andy facing head-on, whereas the LP has them in side profiles. If anyone out there happens to own the LP and these two images are in very good condition, I would REALLY appreciate a 600dpi scan! I don't need any editing or adjusting done, just a simple scan and I can do all the rest. A raw photoshop file is ideal, but I can also work with a JPEG format as long as it is scanned at 600dpi. If scanning it at 100% size creates too large of a file, 50% is perfectly fine as that's what I usually automatically scan my LP sleeves at anyway.

If anyone can help me with this I would be so appreciative! Feel free to contact me and we can go from there.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: Great source for album art / Erasure "Chorus" help!

Postby obs » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:33 am

Wow, nice work. I scan record covers for Discogs, but only at 240DPI. For some reason, the scanner chokes at a higher setting if the descreen filter is on (using Lasersoft Silverfast).

Sorry, I can't help you out, though, as I don't have Chorus on vinyl.
obs
Room at the Top

Re: Great source for album art / Erasure "Chorus" help!

Postby Fred Taghon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks for reading and checking the site out. Maybe you should consider contributing!

Thanks also for reminding me that IF someone out there is able to help, I would ask that the descreen option be used - forgot about that and it's pretty crucial lol.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions