Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fad gadget

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Fad gadget

Postby rickyshand » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:23 am

It is rumoured that there is an extended version of fad gadgets ricky's hand although not on a mute database or dindisc original can anyone shed any light?
rickyshand
Running Up That Hill

Postby oneno » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:02 am

I'd love to find it. I'll do a little research.
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby ExRat » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:59 am

I haven't heard as much, but I would also LOVE to get hold of it. "Fireside Favourites" and "Incontinent" are two of my all time favorite albums and I have usually listed them on this board as such. Frank Tovey (Fad Gadget) was brilliant and, in my opinio
ExRat
Room at the Top

Postby Neuromantic » Sat May 22, 2004 11:24 pm

I was just wondering if anyone was aware that Frank Tovey ( Fad Gadget ) passed away 2 years ago ? http://www.lexiconmagazine.com/NWC/fad.html
Neuromantic
Running Up That Hill

Postby Ollie Stench » Sun May 23, 2004 3:49 am

Dsc 2 of "The Best Of Fad Gadget" has (what I assume to be) all the remixes/extended versions of the singles. "Ricky's Hand" isn't included. I would think that if such a mix existed it would have been included.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby ExRat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:37 am

Frank's albums were reissued by Mute in 1992. I was lucky to pick them up on CD. I still haven't found that remix of "Ricky's Hand" that you've mentioned.

Yeah, it was a real bummer to hear about his death. I always thought he would eventually achieve
ExRat
Room at the Top

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions