Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Peter Godwin - Images of Heaven

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Peter Godwin - Images of Heaven

Postby schwenko » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:09 pm

how many (official) versions exist?
and which are available on cd?
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Re: Peter Godwin - Images of Heaven

Postby wasproxy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:22 am

I know of 3 - the short version (3:26), the full length (5:02) and the Razormaid mix (6:07) ... I could swear an instrumental version also existed but can find no evidence. The best two (full & Razormaid) can both be found on the "best of" CD put out by Oglio records back in the 90s
wasproxy
Take On Me

Postby swerve » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:19 pm

swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Passing_Stranger » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 am

Don't forget "Spoken Images" - version from the 7 b-side that's not sung but, well, spoken. Guys from Razormaid megred it and the regular full length to create their mix. But I'm not sure Razormaid one can be called "official".

The full length and Razormaid ones are on CD (the same one, actually). Others are not (to the best of my knowledge).
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:58 am

Passing_Stranger wrote:Don't forget "Spoken Images" - version from the 7 b-side that's not sung but, well, spoken. Guys from Razormaid megred it and the regular full length to create their mix. But I'm not sure Razormaid one can be called "official".

The full length and Razormaid ones are on CD (the same one, actually). Others are not (to the best of my knowledge).

looks like this situation should be corrected! Anyone? Rubellan?
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby elviscaprice » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:22 pm

The 7' is an edit of the full version. It was an easy remake for my remastering of the video. Your not missing anything in the 7" version that the full version doesn't have.

8) Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions