Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Erasure "Chorus" Box Set (1991) ARTWORK help!

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Erasure "Chorus" Box Set (1991) ARTWORK help!

Postby Fred Taghon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 pm

I am trying to make a clean, 1500x1500 (or larger) resolution re-creation of some of the artwork for Erasure's 1991 album "Chorus".

I recently bought, on eBay, the 12"x12" in-store promo flat for "Chorus" that was printed for the US market by Sire Records, expecting it to be enough to complete this project. Unfortunately, Sire apparently just scanned the CD booklet artwork and enlarged it at the time because it's pretty blurry. Bummer.

I know that the "Chorus" Box Set that was released in several markets in 1991 included 8 postcards. I am wondering if anyone out there who owns this box set might be willing to scan the postcards of the Vince and Andy head images (facing forward - not the side profile ones) for me?

My only requirements is that the scans be in color, that a de-screening filter is used, and that the scans be 700dpi. If you use Photoshop and can save the files as Photoshop Documents (.psd) that would be awesome, but if not, the highest quality JPEG is fine. No need to worry about coloring or anything like that as I can adjust everything myself in Photoshop.

Here is an example of my re-creation of the "Chorus" LP artwork that I did using elements from the 23"x35" USA in-store promotional poster:
https://albumartexchange.com/covers/400 ... +chorus+lp

Now, if I can just get high quality scans of the forward-facing images, I hope to finally re-create the CD-format artwork! Thanks for any help with this :-)
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Re: Erasure "Chorus" Box Set (1991) ARTWORK help!

Postby eighties » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:48 am

I can scan these for you in next few days.
Nice to see someone else that is interested in archiving picture sleeves!
All the best,
eighties
eighties
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Wow thanks for the reply eighties and the offer to help me with these images! Feel free to pvt msg me if you have any questions :-)
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby eighties » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:11 pm

PM sent
All the best,
eighties
eighties
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions