Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New new wavers

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

New new wavers

Postby NuWavePoserChick » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:20 am

Hi, I'm new to the board. I was wondering if there were any wavers on here in their 20's like me? Some people call it neo new wave, but I just wanna get in touch with other new wave fans since it seems to be making a come back...finally.
NuWavePoserChick
Running Up That Hill

Postby TheRob » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:21 pm

Like you, I was probably born at the wrong time too (1976 - during one of the many weeks Rod Stewart's "Tonight's the Night" was #1).

Fortunately I made it in time to get down with the Jesus and Mary Chain, Charlatans UK, Pixies, later XTC, Morrissey s
TheRob
Switchin' to Glide

Postby NuWavePoserChick » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:26 pm

*gasp* I'm not alone! Save you're vinyle records, for I fell that New Wave shall rise again! lol. Does anyone have a take on some of the neo new wave bands coming out? Kill Hannah? The Static Age? The Epoxies?
NuWavePoserChick
Running Up That Hill

Postby Frayo » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:45 pm

Young New Wavers--I am 16, turning 17 in late November.
I think I might be the youngest one here--

Im all for comeback!

I got into New Wave when I was about 15--
I had played keyboards forever. I learned to play because of the synthesizer solo at
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby oneno » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:33 pm

Way too cool, someone to carry the torch ...way too col dude! New Wave was a anomolie as well as a culture.Your perspective is as relevant as mine to the 50's , but the Big bopper and that culture was more foreign to me because of the limited media and th
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby Spaz » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:15 pm

Embrace the original new wave and dive deep cuz there is a hell of a lot of great stuff out there. I was 14 in '77 when I first entered the world of punk/new wave/synth pop/power pop/etc and I still discover new stuff from that period all the time. And
Spaz
The Jet Set

Postby NuWavePoserChick » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:00 am

It's hard to really jump into a subculture when you're from a small town that worships NASCAR and all forms of country music. I chose to go to a college near NYC and I've met so many other young wavers. I think I'm just touching the surface as to what n
NuWavePoserChick
Running Up That Hill

Postby oneno » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:06 am

Welcome on board Shayna!Great aspirations.I've been into New Wave since it's inception, but as diverse as the music type was (is) I only pursued one genre of the New Wave Vane (Elctro Pop) now I'm discovering all the artists I originaly passed up the firs
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby Frayo » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:20 am

I come across artists that everybody knows already like they are something undiscovered. I have so much, yet so little. There is so much new wave/eletro/synth/power pop!! Its all so very very awsome.

Cant we all just make a BIG list and review the art
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby NuWavePoserChick » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:02 pm

I feel bad when I come across an artist and it turns out that most of everyones like "How can you call yourself a new wave fan and not know this?".

I seem to get that more often than I'd like, but it's usually because there are a fe
NuWavePoserChick
Running Up That Hill

Postby XTC » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:52 pm

wow....thta so solid....

Its cool to see you younger Earthlings here "talking the talk" and "walking the walk"
I'm 39 and still going strong...even right now I'm looking to form a NEW band with my golden nasal passeges as the lead VOX.... if I can fin
XTC
Take On Me

Postby MikeP » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:14 am

Glad (as hell / as well) to see all of you younger generations discovering new wave! (That makes me sound old doesn't it?) I started the New Wave Outpost site back in 1996 when the web was just starting to take off, hoping to help others locate that great
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Frayo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:49 am

Hey. i am interested in any kind of CD/MP3/anything musical. Heck, I would be satisfied if you gave me like 3 gigs of sample MP3s.

I really want to see more of whats out there in the new wave. I have to redeem myself from being born too late :).

If
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby NuWavePoserChick » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:27 pm

I am really digging talking to other new wavers like this! Does anyone know of any good new wave chat rooms?

~Shayna
NuWavePoserChick
Running Up That Hill

Postby Frayo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:01 pm

QUOTE MIKE:
"As for neo new wave/nu wave ... right on! "

I write (I dont think Im good enough to be called a real song writer) with heavy influence in New Wave. New Wave is an inspiration. I write freaky New Wave instrumental techno (mess) for my frie
Frayo
Room at the Top

Next

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions