Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

THE RED

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

THE RED

Postby ocean » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:55 am

While browsing through the dollar bins this weekend, I stumbled on an EP by a band called THE RED with 4 songs (PROMISES, HELL AND MORNING, SAIL AWAY & CONCLUSION FESTIVAL) released by Lost Moment Records in I believe the U.K. There is no date anywhere on the EP. The band was Steve Carter, Bibi Bug, Steve Morton and Stuart Gray. From the sound of the material, I'm guessing it was released in the 1983-1985 range....great guitar, drum machines, piano and keyboards. I've been able to find out nothing about this band or record company. I hate to draw comparisons on sound but it reminds me of a good blend of Wire Train & Passion Puppets with great hooks. Any information about this band would be greatly appreciated!
ocean
Take On Me

Postby 1981baby » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:18 am

hope you are still around. In this thread: http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44

poster fabfourer mentioned the reds self titled album as one of his favortie new wave albums. if you want more info you should try to contact him.
1981baby
Personal Jesus

Postby ocean » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:33 am

Can anyone provide me the names of the band members who were in the band THE REDS? From what I can tell, this may not be the same band as THE RED. Thank you to 1981baby for your input.....maybe finding out the name of the band members in THE REDS will sol
ocean
Take On Me

Postby Stuart37 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:27 pm

[quote]Originally posted by ocean
[br]While browsing through the dollar bins this weekend, I stumbled on an EP by a band called THE
Stuart37
Running Up That Hill

Postby Andy P » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:51 pm

Hi Ocean,
I've just stumbled across your post about 'The Red'. I will have to try to check them out as I used to play guitar in 'The Passion Puppets'! Great to hear that you remembered us to make the comparison it has been a while now!!

Bash on

An
Andy P
Running Up That Hill

Postby ocean » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:12 pm

Andy,

Great to hear from someone that was part of the Passion Puppets. I finally tracked down a copy of the "Beyond The Pale" 12 Inch with the extended version of "Beyond The Pale" b/w "Overland" and "So Hard". The Passion Puppets remain one of my favo
ocean
Take On Me

Postby ocean » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:22 pm

I was able to find another 12 Inch single by this elusive band THE RED. This 12 Inch single was released on Lost Moment Records and there is no year of release on item. This is NOT the same band as THE REDS. The 12 Inch I just found has a 12 Inch Version
ocean
Take On Me

Postby steve carter » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:46 am

re:The Red call the uk on 0207 8372093
steve carter
Running Up That Hill

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions