Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Ministry - With Sympathy

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Postby pilon » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:58 am

[8)]

hey new wawer just before ministry jourgensen have played in a new wawe synth pop band

the band have realeased an Lp and i think some singles Ep's but i dont' remember the name of the band

if you could help me thank's a lot

bye

pilon
pilon
Take On Me

Postby Jimbo L » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:22 am

One of my music books says that Jourgensen was in a band called Special Effect before starting Ministry.

I love the early Ministry single "Everyday is Halloween" which predated the "With Sympathy" album.
Jimbo L
Take On Me

Postby pilon » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:57 pm

[:)][:)][:)]

yeah special effect many thanks jimbo

bye

pilon
pilon
Take On Me

Postby ebbhead » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:29 am

I think I'm one of the rare few who love all the Ministrys -- the underground electronic Wax Trax version, the synth pop With Sympathy version, the industrial Twitch and Land of Rape and Honey version, and the aggro-metal Ministry (at least up until The M
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Postby human clone » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:35 am

I agree "With Sympathy" is a fantastic album, "Revenge" always being a personal favorite. I was a big fan of the "Wax Trax" era as well.

Though I do not like the new MInistry stuff, I have to hand it to old Al for being able to reinvent himself and to
human clone
Personal Jesus

Postby design_femme » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:09 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by human clone[/i]
<br>I read in an interview that he is going to start working on some new "Revolting Cocks" m
design_femme
Room at the Top

Postby Marilyn » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:03 pm

I, too, love With Sympathy and late 80s/early 90s releases. But everything after Filth Pig is a disappointment.

Alas, I'm still going to see them perform live next month and the opener is My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. LOL
Marilyn
Take On Me

Postby over_the_shoulder1 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:40 pm

Yeah, I like With Sympathy...I've surprisingly enjoyed it, I do enjoy all the guitar-driven stuff Al did later too. "Sympathy" was way before my time (I was born the year it came out), but for some reason it hit off with me. I even like the sillier songs
over_the_shoulder1
Running Up That Hill

Previous

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions