Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Ministry - With Sympathy

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Postby SwampThing » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:12 pm

Also there is a Japanese Best of New Wave compilation of 7 CDs. They have THREE Kajagoogoo songs and TWO Talk Talk songs! It sed to be about $90-$100, but due to lack of sales its now available for $60-$80

What's the official title f
SwampThing
Room at the Top

Postby angellicate » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:55 am

I too love "With Sympathy" and the other early Wax Trax singles Ministry put out! Cold Life and Every Day is Halloween are a couple of my favorites.

I find it quite funny the way Al J. has distanced himself from this early stuff. He didn't seem to mind
angellicate
Running Up That Hill

Postby randy » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:50 am

I saw Ministry at a local Providence club when With Sympathy was just released. They headlined but were only onstage for about 45-50 minutes. ( Sounded awful live also) . Still , "Revenge" has got to be one of the best tunes of the 80's. I can't stand the
randy
Room at the Top

Postby thefxc » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:23 am

You know, a great reissue could be the album by Special Affect, which was Jorgensen's band before Ministry (it also included a later member of My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult). I've only seen it once on vinyl almost a decade ago. It sold for (I beli
thefxc
Personal Jesus

Postby Frayo » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:55 pm

I am looking this up as of now....More details later.

It was on CDNOW before they got bought out by Amazon. The only tracks I remember from them were
Kajagoogoo - Oh to Be Ah
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Limal - Neverending Story
Talk talk - Such a Shame
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby Jay242 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:07 am

[quote]

You know, a great reissue could be the album by Special Affect, which was Jorgensen's band before Ministry (it also included a later member of My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult). I've only seen it once on vinyl almost a decade ago. It sold fo
Jay242
Take On Me

Postby ballyhoo » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:17 am

I think Ministry's early work is great. I also do not care for the later stuff. Another band that went through a change is Icicle Works. I got a hold of a best of disk because I like their early work. Boy, talk about a change in sound. It reminded me of o
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby tampawave » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:46 am

I remember being in a Club called Impulse in Tampa about 1987 or so, Mr Jourgensen was there and a friend of mine introduced us and we were all having a few drinks on the 2nd floor, all of the sudden the DJ plays revenge , Alain had this look of terror on
tampawave
Running Up That Hill

Postby nion » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:23 am

With sympathy showcases AJ's inate ability to write a VERY infectious hook, and a solid POP record. The changes in MINISTRY have all seemed to come from aping someone else and ultimately polishing it with a certian kind of "improved" albeit less subversiv
nion
Running Up That Hill

Postby siouxmoux » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:09 pm

First there was Freur New Wave Next Came, Underworld - Progressive House, Electronica, Techno, House

http://tv200.homestead.com
siouxmoux
Personal Jesus

Postby newwavepopman » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:59 pm

Other bands who went through a music change,and real quick too were the following.

Tears For Fears_I only liked their first album and when it came out,I was saying here is a group that has some good potential,until their next LP came out.They did an a
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby Elf » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:52 am

Have to agree they had a great first album and a few 12 inchers were not bad also. I could not get into their later noisy stuff such as Jesus Built My Hotrod. Sorry.
Elf
Switchin' to Glide

Postby WoodlandParkPunk » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:39 am

Dated a girl in high school who was married to Paul Barker for a while. Really bad scene. Major herion use. They are divorced now and she lives in Dallas. A COMPLETE MESS!!

I still love old Ministry though.
WoodlandParkPunk
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:35 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Frayo[/i]
<br>I am looking this up as of now....More details later.

It was on CDNOW before they got bough
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby Grunch » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:39 am

I must admit, I find With Sympathy to be excellent. It was one of thoise 1983(?) releases that always sruck to me. I also liked a few more of their tracks after this, but to this day, it is the most important Ministry CD I own, and always will be.
Grunch
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions