Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Polyrock

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

Polyrock

Postby oneno » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:07 pm

Hey who else remebers these guys,and what do you think??? I have the self titeled 1'st,POLYROCK 1980' "the 2'nd changing hearts" 1981 (the first one I heard) and "Above the fruited Plain" 1982 pretty quirky and electro harmonic but good.I thought the Phillip Glass and Kurt Munkacsi production was great, kind of reminded me of some of "the Penguin Cafe Orchestra" if they went a little further into rock.How would you categorize these guys .

Since I have always preferred making plans The passage of time is flicking dimly upon the screen; I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between. Perhaps my brains have turned to sand.

Brian Eno

Edited by - hensoneno on 10/06/2003 07:50:20
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:07 pm

Polyrock never got their proper due. They were truly 'new wave' in spirit in that they married synthpop with an edgier postpunk sound. You can detect that NY art school style sound in Polyrock, much like Talking Heads. It's really criminal that their musi
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:38 am

I've got "Above the Fruited Plain" and one of the RCA radio interview records (Bow Wow Wow had one of these released to radio stations as well). I always thought Polyrock could have been as big as DEVO on the east coast, except that they seemed too serio
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:22 pm

[quote]
Polyrock never got their proper due. They were like truly new wave in that they married synthpop with an edgier postpunk sound. You can hear that NY art school sound in Polyrock, much like Talking Heads. It's really criminal that their music has
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:01 am

Schwenko,

Sorry, you're correct ... I got those two comps mixed up. Both are really impressive for budget new wave comps ... containing songs not found anywhere else.
MikeP
President Am I

Postby schwenko » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:05 am

Schwenko,

Sorry, you're correct ... I got those two comps mixed up. Both are really impressive for budget new wave comps ... containing songs not found anywhere else.

Agreed! e.g. Dalek I love You (on New Wave Electronic Eighties
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby tha_farfetch » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:39 am

Thanks a lot to MikeP for posting "Polyrock - Love Song" on the Valentine's Song Of The Week. I love that tune, one of my favorite NW tracks.
I'd like to request the band "Nomo" specially the track "Dance The Dance" for a future Song of The Week :)
tha_farfetch
Personal Jesus

Postby MikeP » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:37 am

FarFetch,

You got it ... I just put "Dance the Dance" up as my Song of the Week. Spaz thankfully recorded this album some time ago to CD-R, so I had it at my fingertips. I'm always happy to take suggestions for future SOTW's, provided I have it in my c
MikeP
President Am I

Postby tha_farfetch » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:38 pm

Woooooooo Hooooooo !!
Thanks a lot MikeP, i just can't stop listening it !

Cheers.
tha_farfetch
Personal Jesus

Postby ziggyf » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:03 pm

Polyrock is always in my top ten of "vinyl only" acts (unfortunately)...I saw them 3-4 times in late 70's early 80's ..once at queens college with Our Daughters Wedding as a personal fave... there was a bootleg concert video (at the ritz...I think) circul
ziggyf
Running Up That Hill

Postby polyrocks » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:06 pm

Hi, I just joined up. Recently I've been getting into Polyrock. I first saw them on a cable tv show called "Livewire" in the 1980's. They played "Romantic Me". I never picked up anything by them until recently. I was in a Salvation Army store, and I bough
polyrocks
Running Up That Hill

Postby schwenko » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:03 pm

[quote]Originally posted by polyrocks
[br]Hi, I just joined up. Recently I've been getting into Polyrock. I first saw them on a cabl
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby polyrocks » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:07 am

> ummm... have you seen this?
> http://www.nwoutpost.com/mfv_detail.asp?mfv_id=106

Yes, I've seen it.
polyrocks
Running Up That Hill

Postby oneno » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:07 am

yeah love to have it!
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:48 am

[b]No Love Lost[/b] is a pretty decent document -- released only on cassette -- of their unreleased recordings, demos and live material. The sound quality is fair to good, but the unreleased songs are very good. Too bad they never managed a 4th release. M
MikeP
President Am I

Next

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions