Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Sugar Sugar cover?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Sugar Sugar cover?

Postby tackhead » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:50 pm

Does anyone remeber a cover of the Archies song Sugar Sugar? Late 80's (possibly early 90) and it sounded kinda like Sisters of Mercy"ish".

I used to hear it in the clubs and I never found out who sang it.
tackhead
Switchin' to Glide

Postby tackhead » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:52 pm

*slap* damn history had me in the wrong forum. my apologies.
tackhead
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Sean » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:47 am

I know what song you are talking about but I never found out who sang it either. Does anyone know? Kinda Kon Kan meets Vicious Pink.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:33 am

Probably not David Gamson since it's from the early 80's.. Dreadful sugary pop (no pun intended), it's hard to believe he played with Scritti Politti.
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby whiteboy88 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:59 am

I think you may be thinking of an artist by the name of "TB Frank" There was a cd single released on the "Play it Again Sam" label from Belgium from back in the late 80's/early 90's. I have the single and remember buying it because I think the artist poss
whiteboy88
Running Up That Hill

Postby tackhead » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:22 am

Thanks so much for the info. I actually found it on Ebay thanks to you (although I've been outbid at the moment.)

Not sure I wanna drop $20+ on a single I remember digging back in days of strobe lights and mind altering substances. =
Is there any cha
tackhead
Switchin' to Glide

Postby newwavepopman » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:25 pm

I know that Dollar also covered it too.It's on one of their greatest hits comps that I have.Of all the NW versions of this song,which were not many, Dollar's version has to be the best,as it is still very Bubblegummy.Let's put it this way,they would give
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 am

TB Frank's is awesome. I think it is better than Dollar's version but that's just my opinion. It's definitely darker.
Sean
Room at the Top

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?