Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Danse Society

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

The Danse Society

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:19 am

Does anyone know what has happened to the members of The Danse Society? The last item I ever bought from them was the "Say It Again" 12". Did they ever release an album with songs during the "Say It Again" era? Was there anything released after that era? I totally love this band, especially the "Heaven Is Waiting" album but no one ever seems to talk about them.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:13 am

Hi Sean. I like this band too. I am sure you are aware that Cherry Red (label) reissued "Heaven Is Waiting" and an anthology cd called "Seduction, The Society Collection". Unfortunately, these do not include the Say It Again 12". According to the liner
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:10 am

I saw that album "Looking Through" on their webpage too? Have you heard it or has anyone else heard it? Is it comparable to "Say It Again" or anything on the "Heaven Is Waiting" album.

BTW, I did know about the cd releases. Thanks for mentioning i
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:42 am

I never heard or saw "Looking Through". I do not think it was released in the States. I would guess that it probably was very commercial friendly compared to their earlier stuff. Hence, probably why they called it quits after that release. Too bad Che
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Glen » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:30 am

I picked up on the Danse Society when I saw the "Say it Again" video, which was very very Dead Or Alive, I thought. Still, a great song that caused me to go out and buy the 12" and wait for the album release. And wait, and wait...I later bought their more
Glen
Personal Jesus

Postby Grunch » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:28 am

I heard of this band - weren't they sorta like OMD or Duran Duran?? Some songs kinda more like upbeat Bryan Adams
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:09 pm

[quote]Originally posted by Grunch
[br]I heard of this band - weren't they sorta like OMD or Duran Duran?? Some songs kinda more lik
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:53 am

They were more like a not so cheesey Dead Or Alive. Much much darker but not dark enough to be easily labeled as a Goth band. I guess you can kind of say the same thing for the band Freur. Anyways, I guess the best way to describe these guys is a cross
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:53 pm

No, they definately did NOT sound like Duran or OMD.
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?