Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Which Band Sang This Song?

Which Band Sang This Song?

Postby newwavepopman » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:39 am

Although,I know it wasn't by "Badfinger" this band sure sounded like a New Wave version of "Badfinger" and the lead singer sure sounded alot like their former lead singer Tom Evans.And I know it wasn't him either.It was definately by a band.Here are the lyrics.

Just a lonely child.In the night her mind runs wild.Young girls take me there.Tell me and I'll be there.It definately had more of a New Wave Power Pop sound for sure.

Any takers.I believe this song was the early 80's.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby Spaz » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:20 pm

That was "Young Girls" by the Scooters from the album of the same name. Ironically enough, after the Scooters broke up, the bassist Larry Lee and drummer Bobby Dean Wickland toured as Badfinger with Joey Molland (this was when Tommy Evans was still alive
Spaz
The Jet Set

Postby newwavepopman » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:19 am

Wow,I never knew this was by The Scooters,and I have two albums by them too.I probably forgot that's all.I haven't listened to their albums in quite sometime,but I guess the lyrics to "Young Girls" stuck with me for some reason.I will have to go back and
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby maxeythecat » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:29 am

I can't believe you guys out there remember this band! I knew them very well, and it really pleases me to see that they have'nt been completely forgotten! They were pretty popular on the local scene during those early days of the Power Pop movement, playi
maxeythecat
Running Up That Hill

Postby Ollie Stench » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:42 am

Joey Molland now lives in Minneapolis. I run into him every so often. He's a really nice guy, and still seems really passionate about music.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby FreddyMoore » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:52 am

THE Scooters! Wow I loved the Scooters....It's great to see their name mentioned. After the Scooters broke up Larry Lee became a record Producer, in fact he produced "Plastic Facts" by the Nu Kats for Rhino Records and after the Nu Kats broke up Bobby Wic
FreddyMoore
Running Up That Hill

Return to Help Me Identify This!