Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Looking For Takahashi

Looking For Takahashi

Postby ballyhoo » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:14 pm

Does anyone else remember Yukihiro Takahashi? I am trying to remember what obscure synth songs they did but am drawing a blank. They had a couple of minor hits and if anyone has them I would love to get the names so I can track them down. Better yet if someone has it in mp3 could they send them to me at calico659@aol.com Thanks:)
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby schwenko » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:04 pm

He was part of YMO until they split (along with Ryuichi Sakamoto and Haromi Hosoni), then had a solo career, and is presntly part of Sketch Show(with HH).
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:37 am

I remember they had a couple of songs that were played on CFNY in Toronto in the 80's. Do you happen to remember anything of note that would have been played on radio? I remember the group name because it was so different but cannot remember any titles.
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby MikeP » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:39 am

Just so you know (as schwenko pointed out) Yukihiro Takahashi is a person, not a band--a member of Japan's pioneering YMO (Yellow Magic Orchestra). Jonas Wårstad has an excellent Takahashi discography ... check it out and see if any of the singles or song titles sound familiar:

http://www.algonet.se/~jonwar/takahashi.html

I have a comp on tape I made from a friend who had several of his albums--I'll have to dig it out again and give it a listen.
MikeP
President Am I

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:55 am

Thanks I will check out that site, I remember so little about him. A friend asked me a couple of weeks ago if I knew of him and all I could say was I had heard of him but could not remember any of the tunes.
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:00 am

Sorry I did catch that Takahashi was a person. I should never write posts when I need sleep, looooong 20 hour day:)
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby audiofool » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:58 pm

Back in 1981, he put out an album called "Neuromantic". From what I can recall, 'ny played "Glass", "Grand Espoir" and "Drip Dry Eyes" on a regular basis.

Hope this helps.

Edited by - audiofool on 08/28/2003 05:00:14
audiofool
Take On Me

Postby ballyhoo » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:29 am

That is a great help Audiofool. That will make it easier to track it down. Thanks :)
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby randy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:44 am

I could be wrong but I think Ryuichi Sakamoto did the soundtrack for Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. I used to have it and it was not bad.
randy
Room at the Top

Postby swash » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:55 am

Yes...His best CD was titled "Neuromantic" and I have it on CD...I have ripped the entire cd and am sharing it on Kazaa... Heres the song list...1)Glass 2)Grand Espoir 3)Connection 4)New Red Roses 5)Extraordinary 6)Drip Dry Eyes.....*(Just an excellent song!!!) 7)Curtains 8)Charge 9)Something in the Air It is an excellent CD and here are a few of the Guest Musicians that appear...Riuichi Sakamoto, Tony Mansfield, Phil Manzanera, Andy Mackay...
swash
Switchin' to Glide

Postby oneno » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:21 pm

Yukihiro Takahashi is one of my all time fav's with Ryiuchi Sakamoto Haruuomi,Masami Tsuchiya,...Ippu do was another good genre related group as well as Akiko Yano.Yukihiro is as mentioned earlier with "Sketch Show" now and is touring europe.Yuki was also with the "Sadistic Yuma Band".Some of his best had Bill Nelson on it and was recorded on Bill's own label 'cocteau records".I'd go with YMO to start off with then delve into to the solos's to get a good history.

Since I have always preferred making plans The passage of time is flicking dimly upon the screen;
I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between.
Perhaps my brains have turned to sand.

Brian Eno
oneno
Room at the Top

Postby Frayo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:26 pm

I just aquired a large portion of his anthology

rfrayo@gmail.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
This thing: http://www.livejournal.com/users/Illian_Video
Frayo
Room at the Top

Postby oneno » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:12 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Frayo[/i]
<br>I just aquired a large portion of his anthology

rfrayo@gmail.com
AIM: RaiyoKun (Im online almost all the time)
This thing: http://www.livejournal.com/users/Illian_Video
[/quote]

We're going to have to compare catalogs to see if we can fill in each others gaps. I have almost all of Yukihiro's, Ryuichi's and Haruomi's catalogs (quite extensive).
oneno
Room at the Top

Return to Help Me Identify This!