Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Talk Talk - Live At Montreux DVD

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Talk Talk - Live At Montreux DVD

Postby micmij » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:44 pm

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here yet...

Talk Talk's Live At Montreux gig (from 1986) is due for an official DVD release in the UK via Eagle Rock Entertainment. Release date - 13 Oct 2008.

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4-/6 ... duct.html#

The tracklist is apparently -
1. Talk Talk
2. Dum Dum Girl
3. Call In The Night Boy
4. Tomorrow Started
5. My Foolish Friend
6. Life's What You Make It
7. Mirror Man/Does Caroline Know
8. It's You
9. Chameleon Day/Living In Another World
10. Give It Up
11. It's My Life
12. I Don't Believe In You
13. Such A Shame
14. Renee

I have never gotten a DVD from this Montreux series before. Can anybody comment on the quality of some of their older releases (i.e. circa '86)?

Mic
micmij
Take On Me

Postby micmij » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:41 am

micmij
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Now that the OMD dvd is out, this is my most next anticipated item. I don't know about the Montreux series but it's Talk Talk live on dvd so you know it won't be bad. I wonder if this concert is similar to the concert they did with the "Live In London" cd. Anyone know?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am

Considering there is only 1 song from their 1st (and best) album, I will pass. Not to mention when they play the one song, they slow it considerably. This was a band that started great and fell fast...
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby micmij » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:55 am

Rubellan,

I can understand your point of view because, at the very least (and to put it mildly!), they changed greatly from the start of their career to where they ended up. It's probably a discussion for elsewhere, but where else has a band changed so greatly?

Anyway, I came on board for "It's My Life" went back to "The Party's Over" and stayed until the end - and LOVE it all. However, I can understand anybody jumping off at any point.
micmij
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:12 am

Actually, two songs from the 1st album. In my opinion, the first three albums were amazing, and then the fourth album had interesting elements but from there, they just got too minimal for their own good. This dvd pretty much covers the Talk Talk that I like so I am really forward to it. [:)]
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm

Received my dvd yesterday and watched it 3 times already and totally love it. These guys put so much heart in their music and their performance. They are truly one of the coolest and most innovative bands of the 80's in my opinion and this dvd solidifies their how they are live.
Sean
Room at the Top

Return to Music Videos