Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

lou miami

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Postby Swimbigfish » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:28 pm

K...seems *every* time I post it copies someone else's message and attaches it to mine!!! [:(!] Anywho....

Lou Miami. I do have a CD copy of the "Boston Gets Stoned" comp (that goes for ridiculous amounts of money at least here in Boston) featuring Lou under the name "Lucifer Miami" and does a great cover of "Play With Fire" (Stones of course) and can MP3 it. The two "unidentified" shows that someone mentioned were originally a demo cassette tape 5/17/79 that I used to have but lost during a move (and would greatly appreciate any info tracking down a copy as it contains Lou Miami CLASSICS "boy detective" and "my baby wears rubber pants" (a staple in his live sets); and I believe that the 5/19/84 show was possibly a radio show (WERS?) or could well have been another cassette demo tape. I belive that these two were *incorrectly* listed as CD's on another website. Unless someone of course transferred both said shows onto CD..which, I would kill for :) CD's weren't around in 79 and 84! Thanks and *any* info tracking down these two shows/demo tapes would be great!! Still have *many* fond memories of his live shows ::sigh:: R.I.P. Lou..you are sadly missed.
Swimbigfish
Running Up That Hill

Postby Maryan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:05 am

I loved Lou. He is one of my favourite people from my misspent youth. We shared a fondness for torchy Claudine Longet, 50s cocktail dresses and too-small zebra jackets, which none of our friends could quite understand. I wish to god I had recorded some of the sets he did in New London or at the Rat or wherever. I would give my left little finger to hear "Blind Girl" again or some of those other songs that no one seems to have. I do have the single and the 2 EPs, at least. If anyone has any other recordings they can share, I would be sooooo happy. And thanks for reminding me of "Tina Louise"... I'd forgotten all about that one. Classic! :)
Maryan
Running Up That Hill

Postby SomebodySomewhere » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:17 pm

Last edited by SomebodySomewhere on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SomebodySomewhere
Room at the Top

Postby tileboy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:18 am

I think that was Dancing with Death, not Ghosts. Anyway, poor Lou only got 10%.
tileboy
Room at the Top

Postby SomebodySomewhere » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:37 am

Last edited by SomebodySomewhere on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SomebodySomewhere
Room at the Top

Postby tileboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:41 am

Great Sex Execs vid, I wonder if they ever did one for " Sex Train"?
tileboy
Room at the Top

Postby SomebodySomewhere » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:37 am

I don't remember one for that (and I liked the other side, "Strange Things," better), but I kind of remember something for "Tami-Itis." It may have been a live performance clip, though.

They broke up way too soon. To this day, I still don't get it. The post-Execs bands they all formed were so who-cares.

Whatever happened to Walter Clay anyway? The most I could find out about him was a mention in his girlfriend's blog. Good-looking guy. (That video doesn't do him justice.) Great stage presence. Only one from the second lineup who seemingly did nothing after the fact.

--
[b]YouTube Music Video of the Week[/b]

Netherworld Dancing Toys - "For Today"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE82oke8BWM
SomebodySomewhere
Room at the Top

Postby veewitched » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 am

[}:)]Lou Miami -- I knew hm when...
Those days are long gone, sadly, just like Lou.
He was a big fan of Jeri Southern, Julie London, Yma Sumac--"voice of the Xtabay" ! He often loaned me great books, like Black Sun, La Batard, Our Lady of the Flowers... He was truly unforgettable !

Vee
veewitched
Running Up That Hill

Postby tileboy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:54 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by veewitched[/i]
<br>[}:)]Lou Miami -- I knew hm when...
Those days are long gone, sadly, just like Lou.
He was a big fan of Jeri Southern, Julie London, Yma Sumac--"voice of the Xtabay" ! He often loaned me great books, like Black Sun, La Batard, Our Lady of the Flowers... He was truly unforgettable !

Vee
[/quote]

Hi Vee and welcome. If you knew Lou personally, care to offer any stories?
tileboy
Room at the Top

Postby veewitched » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:55 am

Dude, every moment was a story !
It was all about the Jayne Mansfield ! --Marilyn is tired, try Jayne !
I will try to come up with a good one that does him justice ![}:)]

Vee

PS I would not like to say anything that sounds good in my head and in print on a post makes Lou look bad...maybe somebody has some specific questions ?

Vee
veewitched
Running Up That Hill

Postby coop41 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 am

This was posted on my blog today:

[i]Jack Rootoo - guitar player for Lou Miami & Kozmetix passed away last Friday, June 13, 2008 at the young age of 51. RIP, Jack. It was an honor to know you.[/i]
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby tileboy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:58 am

tileboy
Room at the Top

Postby tileboy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:43 am

Lou has a myspace page now, with "To Sir with Love and " Fascist Lover " posted.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =401067508

Just found this , "Mack the Knife" vid

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1urLk4Ikgk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
tileboy
Room at the Top

Postby tileboy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 am

There's a Lou Miami reunion of sorts, to benefit Jack Rootoos family

http://www.bostongroupienews.com/
tileboy
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?