Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Cee Farrow

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Cee Farrow

Postby nowhere girl » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:00 am

Does anyone know what happened to Cee Farrow("Should I Love You Forever")? Online, I was not able to find anything about him. Has anyone heard or read anything about him?

Nowhere Girl
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby schwenko » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:14 am

[quote]Originally posted by nowhere girl
[br]Does anyone know what happened to Cee Farrow("Should I Love You Forever")? Online, I was not able to find anything about him. Has anyone heard or read anything about him?

Nowhere Girl
[/quote]

You mean how he died?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby nowhere girl » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:33 am

I had heard that, but I looked on the internet to see if it was really true and I didn't see anything.

Nowhere Girl
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby schwenko » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:05 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by nowhere girl[/i]
<br>I had heard that, but I looked on the internet to see if it was really true and I didn't see anything.

Nowhere Girl
[/quote]

This is my source[:D]

http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.as ... 8&ARCHIVE=
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby getyourbootson » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:43 am

I knew that Cee Farrow opened his own club in Hollywood around 1987-88, which was after his one and only album, I think it's called Red and Blue (not sure of the title of that album). After that I just thought he disappeared, but I never heard of him dying. It would be interesting to find out more details on that!
getyourbootson
Take On Me

Postby nowhere girl » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:20 am

Getyourbootson,
Thanks for the info about Cee Farrow. I knew that it had been mentioned in a NWO thread that he had died, but it was not confirmed on any outside websites. It would be good to know if there is any more information out there about him.

Nowhere Girl
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:20 am

Cee Farrow also released a cd single called "Imagination" in 1991 which was pretty good. That was the last I heard of him.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby nowhere girl » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:11 am

I have searched the web extensively for information but I can't find anything. One person who would probably know is Richard Blade, but most people say he is difficult to get in touch with.

Nowhere Girl
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby mygreen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:23 am

mygreen
The Jet Set

Postby nowhere girl » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:41 am

Mygreen, thank you for posting that link! According to it, he died of a brain hemorrhage and also had AIDS. I felt sad reading that thread. For years, I have listened to his music and he was one of my favorite NW artists. I wish that the news about him were not what they are, but I hope that he is at peace.

Nowhere Girl
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby mygreen » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:59 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by nowhere girl[/i]
<br>Mygreen, thank you for posting that link! According to it, he died of a brain hemorrhage and also had AIDS. I felt sad reading that thread. For years, I have listened to his music and he was one of my favorite NW artists. I wish that the news about him were not what they are, but I hope that he is at peace.

Nowhere Girl
[/quote]

It is so amazing that there is nothing posted on the internet about Cee.I have searched high and low and that was the only thing I came across. I am really interested in hearing about his life. I will continue to search since I always thought he was pretty amazing.
mygreen
The Jet Set

Postby nowhere girl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:52 am

Mygreen,
I also can't believe how little online there is about Cee Farrow. I haven't seen much about his life, mostly just about one of his songs, "Should I Love You Forever", and not much else. He was one of the best NW artists and really should have a tribute website or at least more online about him.

Nowhere Girl
nowhere girl
Personal Jesus

Postby mygreen » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:36 am

I agree nowhere girl. I would like to see more information on Cee. I even looked under the name Chris Farrow because the link from Yahoo said that his friends called him that. Still nothing. It is very odd that with all the technology that is out there you would think that something would come across the internet with more info on his life.
mygreen
The Jet Set

Postby jliscorpio » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:41 am

Christian "Cee" Farrow died I believe in 1995 in West Hollywood California. He had AIDS and died of a brain disease attributed to AIDS. I know it was before Protease Inhibtors because he might have survived if they had been. He was married to April La Rue but that marriage really was to help him attain his citizenship in the USA. They lived together in a cool apartment on Laurel Avenue in West Hollywood. In the 1980s they worked together on a series of nightclubs the most notorious one probably was "The Apartment" but there were numerous others. He was a regular fixture in the L.A. gay club scene. When you got to know him he was really alot of fun but if you didn't know him he was really kind of cool and aloof. His battle with HIV was kept super quiet. I saw him a few months before he died and he still looked amazing and healthy. His death and battle with AIDS/HIV was a surprise to most. I have a lot of fond memories of him from L.A.
April La Rue is still around creating their style of mischief in Los Angeles however!

[br]Does anyone know what happened to Cee Farrow("Should I Love You Forever")? Online, I was not able to find anything about him. Has anyone heard or read anything about him?

Nowhere Girl
[/quote]
jliscorpio
Running Up That Hill

Postby mygreen » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:35 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by jliscorpio[/i]
<br>Christian "Cee" Farrow died I believe in 1995 in West Hollywood California. He had AIDS and died of a brain disease attributed to AIDS. I know it was before Protease Inhibtors because he might have survived if they had been. He was married to April La Rue but that marriage really was to help him attain his citizenship in the USA. They lived together in a cool apartment on Laurel Avenue in West Hollywood. In the 1980s they worked together on a series of nightclubs the most notorious one probably was "The Apartment" but there were numerous others. He was a regular fixture in the L.A. gay club scene. When you got to know him he was really alot of fun but if you didn't know him he was really kind of cool and aloof. His battle with HIV was kept super quiet. I saw him a few months before he died and he still looked amazing and healthy. His death and battle with AIDS/HIV was a surprise to most. I have a lot of fond memories of him from L.A.
April La Rue is still around creating their style of mischief in Los Angeles however!

Nowhere Girl
[/quote]
[/quote]

I can understand keeping the disease hush hush but since he was such an influence shouldn't that be a reason to celebrate his life and keep his memory alive? I just wish there was more about him.
mygreen
The Jet Set

Next

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?