Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Epoxies

Discussions about the new generations of bands influenced by '80s New Wave and Postpunk

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:49 am

The Epoxies played at First Ave last night as part of the big FAT Wreck Chords tour. It just so happened that we were taping episodes for the tv show I work on in the 7th Street Entry. I cornered a few of the Epoxies and propsed they play on our show. To my great pleasure and surprise they agreed! I'm now sitting on 7 songs of prime Epoxies shot with 5 switched cameras, 2 iso cameras, and a 4-track board/audience recording.

Guess who's a happy New Wave boy today?
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby scramjet » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:17 am

Looking forward to getting the .mpg's on the hub! [;)]
scramjet
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:40 am

Ollie no on hub anymore. Ollie have crap i'net service at home, and Ollie boss no like him sharing file on work server!
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby scramjet » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:08 am

Well damn. [:(]
scramjet
Room at the Top

Postby KYYX4ever » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:39 am

Ollie,
that is so frickin' cool. Sounds like fun. I'm sure they were funny to hang out with, lucky you.
They'll be here in 3 weeks; can't wait to check 'em out!
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby Ollie Stench » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:28 am

Make sure you get there early to check out The Soviettes. And if you get a chance tell them Ollie Stench says "hey".
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:05 pm

Need More Time reminds me a bit of Kids in America... I like it
Dave
The Jet Set

Postby mozo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:04 am

I've been checking into NWO every so often to get some tips on new music. I've picked up a few good leads but I'm a bit disappointed that this board has become a place where nobody has anything remotely critical to say. Let's face it gang, not all music that has a New Wave influence is good. The Epoxies are the perfect example. This music is amateurish and uninteresting. I hate to spoil the "Lovefest" but you guys need stop jumping up and down about every new band that diverts from the mainstream. Sometimes it's just crap.
mozo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby TheBlingGrenades » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am

the epoxies are so damn good. suddenly i'm very excited.
TheBlingGrenades
Running Up That Hill

Postby Ollie Stench » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:09 am

I'm hardly the one to jump up and down over the next big thing. In fact The Epoxies are the first band I've really, thoroughly enjoyed since about 1996. Sorry if they don't float your boat, but they sure as hell keep me from going under.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Borneojimy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:30 am

I'm with you on this one Ollie, I love the Epoxies. Along with the Briefs, I'd say they're my favorite of the new generation.
[quote][i]Originally posted by Ollie Stench[/i]
<br>I'm hardly the one to jump up and down over the next big thing. In fact The Epoxies are the first band I've really, thoroughly enjoyed since about 1996. Sorry if they don't float your boat, but they sure as hell keep me from going under.
[/quote]
Borneojimy
The Jet Set

Postby Frau_Blucher » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 am

With the decade behind us, I'm gonna say that I think Ollie was right all along about the Epoxies. They were great. Their sound holds up really well. I consider them one of the great bands of the 'Noughties and am bummed now that they're gone. I think I came to this realization when I tried to make a 'Top 100' indie/alt mix including all the stuff from punk/post-punk onwards. Very little of 90s or 00s music makes the cut for me. There's tons of great listenable tracks in those decades, but when it comes time for me to put them up against the signature songs of the signature greats, few are distinctive enough for me to put them on that list. So while Epoxies tracks were fairly far down my list of great songs of the 00s, I'm gonna take something like "Need More Time" and put it on my alltime list. That is all. Carry on.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Next Wave