Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Boy - Book Of Love

Discussions about the golden age of MTV and music videos, directors, techniques, DVD releases, etc.

Boy - Book Of Love

Postby eLeMeNOhPeaQ » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Wow! This is a rare vid!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WVBbIxdCNLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
eLeMeNOhPeaQ
Personal Jesus

Postby elviscaprice » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Hummm, nice. You or one of our other video collectors wouldn't happen to have an original copy of this? Would be nice to preserve off of an original source and remaster. I can use the tube copy but hate the terrible blocking you get when trying to blow it up. I have a nice copy of "Boy" redone from the concert performance, also used in a 12 inch version and the Big Red Remix. Would love to get my hand on the full concert performance with the 2 tracks from Book of Love live in San Francisco. Have the first one "Boy", the other I would like "not from tube" Happy Day.
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby eighties » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I can upload a "not from tube" version for you.

All the best,
eighties
eighties
Personal Jesus

Postby elviscaprice » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Eighties, that would be awesome. I take it, it is of this video shown or the live concert version of "Happy Day".

P.S. You wouldn't have found time to make a video for Modigliani or I Touch Roses? I just haven't made the time for it, a big project if done right. (Would be easier if we could find some live footage of these two songs, good quality of course)
Thanks
Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby eighties » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Elvis, email sent. It is the original Boy video.

All the best,
eighties
eighties
Personal Jesus

Postby elviscaprice » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:47 am

Oh Yeah, thanks Eighties, came out real good considering it was already MPEG 2 compressed from VHS. Reworked it with a little Neat Video in Adobe Premiere, took out those beige borders and gave it a new LPCM soundtrack. Is quite usable in a VJ forum.
This is what I'm talking about not knowing that this video even existed until this post. Always nice to discover something new from our era today.

Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:35 am

Omg, nearly fainted when I saw this. How frickin awesome.
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby eLeMeNOhPeaQ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 am

So, if someone here has improved on the quality of the "Boy" video above...hook a brother up or upload to You Tube??!! [:D]
eLeMeNOhPeaQ
Personal Jesus

Return to Music Videos