Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Midge Ure "The Works", new best-of compilation

Midge Ure "The Works", new best-of compilation

Postby Sensoria » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 am

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/0 ... e-chicago/

Ultravox frontman new best-of compilation due out March 25th via the Music Club Deluxe label.
It will feature 32 tracks (album cuts, singles, live tracks and mixes) over 2 CDs.
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:11 am

Wish they'd include After A Fashion (12"). Don't think it's ever been on cd before .
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Sensoria » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by omar[/i]
<br>Wish they'd include After A Fashion (12"). Don't think it's ever been on cd before .
[/quote]

Sure. That is one of my favourite Ure collaborations, along "Yellow Pearl" (featuring Phil Lynott) that wasn't included on either, sadly. "After A Fashion" is a pure art. Hence, one Mick Karn features on it! A genius who left us early, unfortunately.
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:44 am

I've requested Mick's back catalogue to be reissued to Cherry Red. Still waiting a reply....
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Sensoria » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:01 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by omar[/i]
<br>I've requested Mick's back catalogue to be reissued to Cherry Red. Still waiting a reply....
[/quote]

I guess they're having a lot of requests. So they can't answer them all in the best possible time. But could be wrong, of course. I've emailed them a couple of times (the Kim Wilde and Cabaret Voltaire reissues were the matter, precisely) and received a reply. Mick Karn's back catalogue deserves to be reissued in any case.
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Postby BigManRestless » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 am

I'd rather here more unreleased stuff from Ure / Karn. Weren't they working on an album? ie After A Fashion wasn't meant to be a one-off, but a taster for an album they never released (or maybe never even finished).
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Sensoria » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:54 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by BigManRestless[/i]
<br>I'd rather here more unreleased stuff from Ure / Karn. Weren't they working on an album? ie After A Fashion wasn't meant to be a one-off, but a taster for an album they never released (or maybe never even finished).
[/quote]

Wouldn't have known 'bout that, unfortunately. But I guess they've written more stuff together than just "After A Fashion". Someone will dig it out if it exists somewhere in the vaults already. Time will tell.
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 am

According to Mick's memoir, they tried to write some more in Montserrat, in Midge's home there, but "with various distractions" nothing came out of it. Mick later played on a couple of Midge's songs, by the way.

Interesting to see the track list, but it' be much more interesting to get a compilation of Midge's production works. He's an underrated producer and made lots of fantastic songs in 1981-83 many of which are not on CD!
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Passing_Stranger[/i]
<br>
Interesting to see the track list, but it' be much more interesting to get a compilation of Midge's production works. He's an underrated producer and made lots of fantastic songs in 1981-83 many of which are not on CD!
[/quote]

great suggestion, would love to see that happen one day as well!
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Neil Kelly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:39 am

Agreed great idea but you are dreaming that something that obscure will EVER happen when in this pathetic music industry you consider Madonna, an artist who's shifted well in excess of 160 million units and is the 3rd biggest Worldwide seller in history has NEVER even had a proper singles collection. I've gave up dreaming all the releases i'd like to see they just won't ever see the light of day i'm sad to say
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby Sensoria » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Much thanks for the info, Passing Stranger mate!
The idea to get a compilation of Midge Ure's production works is great indeed. But like Neil Kelly, I don't think it will ever happen either, unfortunately. Production work compilations are being released very rarely.
Sensoria
The Jet Set

Postby profil » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Yes, a Midge Ure production works compilation would be fantastic. I love this concept so much, that I have also compiled "production work" cds from other great producers of the early 80s as Tony Mansfield and Trevor Horn on my own. Lots of brilliant tracks, many of them hard to get from unknown bands and very unlikely to be released officially on cd.
Take On Me

Postby discoginfo » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm

discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby soundstory » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Neil Kelly[/i]
<br>Agreed great idea but you are dreaming that something that obscure will EVER happen when in this pathetic music industry you consider Madonna, an artist who's shifted well in excess of 160 million units and is the 3rd biggest Worldwide seller in history has NEVER even had a proper singles collection. I've gave up dreaming all the releases i'd like to see they just won't ever see the light of day i'm sad to say
[/quote]

Absolutely
soundstory
Personal Jesus

Postby rewind » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:57 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Neil Kelly[/i]
<br>Agreed great idea but you are dreaming that something that obscure will EVER happen when in this pathetic music industry you consider Madonna, an artist who's shifted well in excess of 160 million units and is the 3rd biggest Worldwide seller in history has NEVER even had a proper singles collection. I've gave up dreaming all the releases i'd like to see they just won't ever see the light of day i'm sad to say
[/quote]

Kind of depends on how you define "proper" singles collection. If you mean every single release ever from anywhere all over the world, along with their associated edits, remixes, b-sides and videos, all collected in one package, then you're right. But for the casual fan, Immaculate Collection, GHV2, and Celebration cover her career quite nicely.
rewind
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations