Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Jay Z- Rap Genius

Reserved for off-topic posts.

Jay Z- Rap Genius

Postby djcraig » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:18 am

A sample of the splendor, articulation and wit from Jay Zs recent "Holy Grail". Mere mortals should not even attempt to duplicate this feat...

<big>[i]Caught up in all these lights and cameras
But look what that shit did to Hammer

God damn it it I like it
bright lights is enticing
But look what it did to Tyson

All that money in one night
30 mill for one fight
But soon as all the money blows, all the pigeons take flight[/i]</big>

See how he rhymed "cameras" with "Hammer"? and "enticing" with "Tyson". Woah!

He includes a few lines borrowed from Nirvana's "Teen Spirit" and they actually help to make the song mildly interesting. Then back to the banal, sing song, 3rd grade rhyming... Way to keep it real, mah Homey!
djcraig
Room at the Top

Postby TragicMagic » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Ahh Rap music; Allowing the musically untalented to become recording artists since the late 70's.

[;)]
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Postby InvisibleMan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by TragicMagic[/i]
<br>Ahh Rap music; Allowing the musically untalented to become recording artists since the late 70's.[;)]
[/quote]

at least early disco/hip-hop hits like Joe Bataan's Rap O Clap and Sugar Hill Gang were positive and uplifting, without all that anger and negativity...
Grandmaster Flash was also better..

Jay Z he always sucked
InvisibleMan
The Jet Set

Postby TragicMagic » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 am

True!

I kinda like some very early stuff. I dislike all the rap and hiphop shit around now. All. Every last bit of it. It's purile nonsense that more often than not enforces poor values on people and the world is a poorer place because of it.
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Postby newwavepop » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:06 pm

the respect that jay-z and kanye west have baffles me. people talk about them being geniuses and how kanye has changed the face of music, WTF am i missing? i geuninely truly dont understand what others are hearing that i am not.
newwavepop
Personal Jesus

Postby TragicMagic » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:44 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by newwavepop[/i]
<br>the respect that jay-z and kanye west have baffles me. people talk about them being geniuses and how kanye has changed the face of music, WTF am i missing? i geuninely truly dont understand what others are hearing that i am not.
[/quote]

I'll second that! if you have to make up entire new words in order to get some loosely rhyming lyrics in your erm; 'songs' (for want of a better word)about hoes and bitches and getting knobs sucked and popping caps in ass's etc AND be massively successful recording artists, then in my view, the entire music industry is fucked and a majority of consumers have failed as humans.

It's always baffled me, specifically since the late 80's and early 90's onslaught of .. onslaught of... hmm 'shit'.. yep - probably the best term for it: 'Shit'.
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Return to —Not Necessarily New Wave—