Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Stay (The Second Time Around) [Solved]

Postby pop80s » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 am

Great news, The remastered version of the 1985 album, Ghost Rider (including the song On the Roof) will be available on ITunes and Spotify october 5 2013.[:)]

http://liebreborracha.blogspot.com/
pop80s
Take On Me

Postby gazebo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 am

gazebo
Personal Jesus

Postby schwenko » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:53 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by humanracer[/i]
<br>Nice but I find Lindell rather odd. He used all those synths yet does not know how to use a computer or send an email. He knows nothing about itunes and puts all his songs online for free? His spoken English is also awful for someone who did a whole album in that language. I still love the song though. It deserved to be a hit. The other songs are also very good, especially the early 80's stuff. It has a touch of Sakamoto and Sylvian to it.
[/quote]

I wonder if he has read the nwoutpost thread (all 13 pages of it)!

Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby swerve » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 am

In response to whether he would also consider releasing this slightly pitched up version as well:

HI, I will think about your idea of the higher pitch. Yours truly Johan L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-5WMKbDi8c
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Panorama » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:29 pm

https://itunes.apple.com/se/album/on-th ... mpt=uo%3D4
The album is available through the Swedish iTunes store, except you cannot purchase it unless you have a iTunes account and Apple id through the Swedish iTunes store... I tried to create a new Apple id just for the purpose of buying the song through the Swedish iTunes store, but when you have to enter the credit card info, it will not go through unless you have a credit card issued form the country of origin... so unless Johan is able to add the album to the US iTunes store we will not be able to purchase the song legally.

<HR width="185" align="left">
"Photography with a Vision"
http://www.cooganphoto.com
Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby crystal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Fantastic, I never thought this would be solved after all those years...I already had given up checking this thread...

Hats off to Sveriges radio for tracking down Johan and the little audio interview, very interesting, must be totally strange to be the creator of such a mystery song + after all that time finding out people going crazy + doing everything possible to solving the mystery and find this song. Hopefully he earns a few Kroner from this when the album is hopefully globally available at least digitally, would be well deserved!

Anyone up for a kickstarter campaign to do a movie in 'Searching for Sugar Men' style on this?
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Spectre General » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 am

Wow, I've really done a horrible time of keeping up with things haven't I? I can't believe this happened. I swear I thought that we'd never know the answer to this because the artist most likely recorded one demo and died in a car accident or something.

Well done Dan, and everybody else. My mind was just blown today.

-------------------------------------------------
What is love after all
but occasional steps
of a dance.........
.......In a trance?
Spectre General
The Jet Set

Postby chris74 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:14 am

[quote]
it will not go through unless you have a credit card issued form the country of origin... so unless Johan is able to add the album to the US iTunes store we will not be able to purchase the song legally.
[/quote]

I still hope for a download possibility (as I live in Germany of course I tried the German iTunes, but double-checked with the Swedish one).

Should it really remain restricted to Swedish iTunes only then we have all experienced a very important lesson the music industry has been trying to pursue at all costs since legal downloads showed up on the net: how to effectively avoid turnover!
chris74
Take On Me

Postby cispas » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:51 pm

It's available on Spotify as well.
Get Spotify Premium. It's only 9,99 EUR per month. Afaic, I haven't used iTunes since.
[;)]
cispas
Personal Jesus

Postby Panorama » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Just got an email back from Johan with great news:

"Hello Dan. The album will be available on the US Itune and spotify in a couple of weeks.Yours truly, Johan L"

[quote][i]Originally posted by Panorama[/i]
<br>https://itunes.apple.com/se/album/on-the-roof/id718875524?i=718875707&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
The album is available through the Swedish iTunes store, except you cannot purchase it unless you have a iTunes account and Apple id through the Swedish iTunes store... I tried to create a new Apple id just for the purpose of buying the song through the Swedish iTunes store, but when you have to enter the credit card info, it will not go through unless you have a credit card issued form the country of origin... so unless Johan is able to add the album to the US iTunes store we will not be able to purchase the song legally.

[/quote]

Panorama
Room at the Top

Postby crichert » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:34 am

This is AWESOME!! Wow - I remember downloading this snippet from the original DeDiniDevil website back in the 90's and was one of the many users trying to track down this song! So cool to finally hear it in its entirety!!

Thank you so much!!!
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby daydreamer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:28 am

Fantastic!!! The Internet is the world's strongest community, that's another proof for it!

HOWEVER...where's that DeDiniDevil guy, actually? I haven't read anything of him so far, nada.

Plus, his site hasn't been updated for many years now, although even I have found some of the other songs. But his e-mail given on that site does no longer seem his current one, so it's no surprise I never got a reply. No wonder why I lost interest in these samples.

Well, it's actually a bit sad *Sigh*. This site was so damn interesting still back in 2007, and now how things look on there can only be summarized in one English word: [b][i]orphaned[/i][/b].
daydreamer
Take On Me

Postby Jason² » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:19 am

OH
MY
GOD
!!
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby Wavedancer101 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:39 am

Finally, the long search is over!!

And now that I can listen to the whole song, I love it even more!!

I was just wondering, how "Stean Lemroy" came up:

Maybe the German moderator said something like "This is Johan Lindell on hr3", which in German would be "Das ist Johan (maybe understood as "Stean" by a native English speaker) Lindell auf hr3 (=ha-er-drei) (maybe understood as "Lemroy" by a native English speaker).

Just speculation, I'm glad it's finally solved:-)!!!

Greetz,

Wavedancer101
Wavedancer101
Take On Me

Postby equinoxia » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 pm

i'm glad the song has been identified. however, with all due respect, i really don't see what all the fuss was about. the song, in my opinion, is quite forgettable and surely deserved its place in oblivion.
equinoxia
Running Up That Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Help Me Identify This!