Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Tears for Fears-The Hurting 2-disc and 4-disc sets

Postby negative1 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:17 pm

i'll be getting the extended boxset of this soon. waited for awhile.

even with all the issues, it just worth having most of the tracks
in one place. i have a lot of the tracks separately, and the video
on laserdisc. but not everyone has all of them.

so it's worth it to them.

once i get a better listen to the tracks, i'll deal with replacing
them with better versions on my own.

or maybe a supplemental tracklisting.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby Analogue » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:57 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Neil Kelly[/i]
<br>Well Analogue... This is becoming more and more of the f*** up that i described! I mean, how hard is it really? Discrepancy's, glitch's, wrong versions, brickwalled. What exactly is so good about this £33 nightmare? Pity Tom Parker didn't do it. The Bananarama sets are FLAWLESS
[/quote]
In my eyes, this box set is very much worth having but the audio problems are a definite disappointment to say the least. On the bright side it's good to see that 'The Hurting' will soon see an HD Blu Ray Audio release. Super Deluxe Edition states it will be a stereo only release, whereas http://www.elusivedisc.com/Tears-For-Fe ... NIBA47943/ claims otherwise.
Analogue
Take On Me

Postby negative1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Analogue[/i]

In my eyes, this box set is very much worth having but the audio problems are a definite disappointment to say the least. On the bright side it's good to see that 'The Hurting' will soon see an HD Blu Ray Audio release. Super Deluxe Edition states it will be a stereo only release, whereas http://www.elusivedisc.com/Tears-For-Fe ... NIBA47943/ claims otherwise.
[/quote]

as much as i hate bluray, i will probably get this.

just to get the surround sound tracks and rip them to
multitracks.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 pm

got my boxset today.

i like it, but haven't heard it yet.

the packaging is good, and the booklets
are nice. my friend thinks the type is too small,
too faint, and of poor quality.

it seems ok to me. only the tracklisting page,
is very tiny and faint looking ink.

other than that, i'm very happy with it.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby anfunny2003 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:38 am

The 4 disc box set is £16 in the HMV sale (whilst the 2 disc one is £12.99!). Bought a copy yesterday... the set is now deleted and the remaining stock in stores is all that's left, apparently.
anfunny2003
Personal Jesus

Postby Neil Kelly » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Damn it i'd be all over that. Is that online? I doubt it. If i went to local branch i know i'd have about 2% chance of seeing it there and at that price. Not gonna even contemplate trying!
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby discoginfo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:43 am

Don't panic. It's still available from Amazon
http://amzn.to/19Mpcgc
at a (still)= reasonable 25,97 GBP.
/JW
www.discog.info
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby Neil Kelly » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks but it's currently £27.19 new from a seller £31 from Amazon. I'm not interested at that price TBH. £16? Now that's a different matter. I rang up my local branch and surprise surprise not even in stock. They can't even check stock or price in other stores nowadays. Awesome. About what i expected. When someone tells you they bought something cheap in the sale in HMV realise you will never be able to do the same yourself.
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby blaaah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 am

Was in Southampton store today, few stories they are around. You know it will be 60 70 when its deleted though. 30 maybe good price.
blaaah
Personal Jesus

Postby Neil Kelly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:04 am

I went to the London branch today and surprise surprise only one in their A-Z and was priced at the normal £33. I knew that would happen. I will never listen to these stories again fair enough i have no doubt that the price was real but it's truly a waste of time making the effort HMV are a waste of time. Also, it appears that their flagship store is finally relocating. This is the end of HMV
Neil Kelly
The Jet Set

Postby kopite » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:50 am

Still full price in my local branch - and that's one that's closing down.
kopite
Switchin' to Glide

Postby roc51 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:32 am

I just received my box set in the post...sealed...opened it up, and Disc 1 (The Hurting) was broken, as in literally snapped in two...how does this happen?

And does anyone know if there is any recourse with the label to get a replacement? The third party seller is issuing me a partial refund.
roc51
Personal Jesus

Postby elviscaprice » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by roc51[/i]
<br>I just received my box set in the post...sealed...opened it up, and Disc 1 (The Hurting) was broken, as in literally snapped in two...how does this happen?

And does anyone know if there is any recourse with the label to get a replacement? The third party seller is issuing me a partial refund.
[/quote]

A partial refund?? Your kidding. Full refund with or without return, their choice. They fund you for shipping back.

[8D] Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby discoginfo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:50 pm

The third party seller isn't God. Amazon is God (well, the Ultimate Judge anyway for those who may get offended by religious jokes). In case of non-agreement between you and the seller, Amazon sets the case. The problem is, they often don't reimburse the postage.
discoginfo
Room at the Top

Postby elviscaprice » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:11 pm

God is the CC in the form of a chargeback. Amazon can make all the decisions they want but the CC company has the final say. That said, Amazon Is extremely customer friendly and usually go out of their way to see things from the customers perspective.

[8D] Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations