Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Obscure MFV albums

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Obscure MFV albums

Postby gbscobel » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:48 am

I am new to this forum but a huge 80's music fan and have quite a large collection of mp3 albums that span the 70's all the way to today. There seem to be quite a few MFV albums your site has transferred to cd-r and while I understand they are not for sale, I am interested in knowing how exactly you do trades and if there is a list somewhere of things you are interested in. I'm not sure I have anything you guys don't but since this is only place I've ever seen any of these albums in mp3 format I thought I'd take a chance that there might be some arrangement that might be made. Thanks a lot
gbscobel
Running Up That Hill

Postby MikeP » Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:08 pm

Hi,

Sorry if no one got back to you regarding the Obscure80's series. We're willing to trade or accept the $10 donations per title to help us cover the investment in time and materials. A lot of money also goes into hunting down singles for additional
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Jay242 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:56 am

Hello, I'm new here, but not new to New wave by a long shot. What you guys are doing for music is great. Do you accept donations through Paypal? I'd be interested in getting a few titles I don't alreay have.
Jay242
Take On Me

Postby MikeP » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:18 am

Hi,

You're best bet would be to email Jim (aka Eno) at: <a href="mailto:enomfv@netscape.net">enomfv@netscape.net</a>. I know he is accepting PayPal. Some of the titles (roughly 25) I contributed to the series, but he's really the main point of contact.
MikeP
President Am I

Postby Spaz » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:23 pm

OK, here's the run down on MFV and Obscure80s.....

MFV began life 3 years ago as a fun idea 'tween two friends. I would transfer vinyl to CD-R and clean up most of the pops and clicks and my buddy Jim would do the artwork. We even came up with a name
Spaz
The Jet Set

Postby gbscobel » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:24 am

Thanks for the response, Mike. No problem on the delay. I actually already emailed Jim and he's sending me some stuff this week. Looking forward to it, you guys are great! A wonderful idea, doing this. I have some friends who have done vinyl rips so
gbscobel
Running Up That Hill

Postby Jimbo » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:31 pm

I just tried to E-Mail Eno, but it got bounced back saying the mail box is full.

Jimbo

"I now inform you that you are too far from reality"
The New Wave Information Minister
Jimbo
Room at the Top

Postby Spaz » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:51 pm

Please contact me as well in regards to MFV, since I'm the poor sap who cleans up all the vinyl anyway!

spazpop@earthlink.net

Then again, Jim does have the most current list. I just keep knocking the titles out while he puts them in some kind of
Spaz
The Jet Set

Return to Obscure 80s Central