Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Looking for a decent program to clean up vinyl

Discussions about vinyl records: rarities, obscurities and collectibles, promos, mixes, etc. DJ-related discussions are welcome as well as techniques for recording & restoring vinyl records to CD/MP3.

Postby Plastik44 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:24 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Yachtingtype[/i]
<br>Plastik44, thanks for your posting. Yeah, I wish there was a decent program out there that would clean up the clicks and pops. I have a PC but do my work on the MAC so it would be more convenient for me. I have searched around for hours and came up with nothing. Oh well...maybe there is hope one day.

Thanks
[/quote]

I'm absolutely satisfied with the MAC, but to find out that there is next to nothing in this segment that compares to Windows programms in both price and quality is a real setback (is that the right English word? I'm too lazy to look it up, now).
I surely won't buy Peak LE without knowing if it can cope with the things I mentioned. I also found a special audio restoration prg on the bias webpage but the price is roughly 600 bucks[xx(]!!!
They used to have prgs that performed well on the PC three years ago and were sold at around 40 Euros, so why is this so expensive on the MAC. Are those people stupid or greedy or both? (Don't bother answering this question, it was supposed to be rhetorical).
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Max Murdoc » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:01 am

Adobe Audition works best for my vinyl needs. There are presets for hiss, pops and clicks removal and various other filters. Plus you can remove things by hand.

I have cleaned up many a bad recording to an acceptable level and made many decent recordings very good recordings. Example: I found a very bad recording of the 3TK4 EP. I mean it was very bad. I brought it up to a decent level. (If you're on the hub you can hear it there).

You can also use it to record your own stuff (much better than say, Sony's Acid Music programs). It's an all around great program.
Max Murdoc
The Jet Set

Postby Plastik44 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Is Adobe Audition available for the MAC? If so, for how much?
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby Max Murdoc » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:35 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Plastik44[/i]
<br>Is Adobe Audition available for the MAC? If so, for how much?

[/quote]

Not for MAC (yet)

http://www.i3net.it/Products/dspQuattro ... anguage=EN

I heard this one for $150 is pretty good for the MAC
Max Murdoc
The Jet Set

Postby Plastik44 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:16 am

Will try to get further info on both Peak LE and DSP-Quattro...Cheers.
Plastik44
Personal Jesus

Postby SynthesizerMan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:07 pm

[quote]Originally posted by Yachtingtype
[br]Hello,

Hoping this is the right place to post this sort of topic, I am in need of a vinyl cleaning program that is used for the MAC

I have tried several but none seem to work right on my part. SoundSoap would not even load up and Amadeus says I need to upgrade my MAC

I have used Clickrepair, but want to know what else there is to offer before I purchase the Clickrepair program

Thank you for your time and help
[/quote]

I have been using Izotope RX. Quite excellent and for Mac. Don't think it was available when this thread started so I thought I would mention it.

world of noise
SynthesizerMan
Personal Jesus

Postby Yachtingtype » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 am

Hi,

Thank you for the recommendation it is much appreciated and I am downloading a trial version of the software right now
Yachtingtype
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Vinylmania!