Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Haircut One Hundred question

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Haircut One Hundred question

Postby Dominik500 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Does anyone here have H100's Pelican Dance?

http://www.discogs.com/Haircut-One-Hund ... ase/992579

I'm trying to figure out if the versions of Lemon Fire Brigade, Kingsize & Baked Bean are remixed, even slightly. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Dominik
"You say I've got my father's aching hips, I've got ulcers too.
You've got your mother's looks, but she's 45, not 22." The Quarks - "Mechanical" (1981 Magnet Records)
Dominik500
Personal Jesus

Re: Haircut One Hundred question

Postby hypnohighball » Sat May 31, 2014 6:11 pm

I don't have this e.p., but I wouldn't think they would be different. It's just a DJ/in-store sampler to promote the album, after all, not a commercial single. Plus it doesn't say anything about being remixed on the labels.
hypnohighball
Take On Me

Postby Spudboy » Sat May 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Yes, but this Thompson Twins release from the same time-period is very similar: a four track promo and they are all special remixes.

http://www.discogs.com/Thompson-Twins-Make-Believe/release/330220

So, who knows?
Still looking for my girl with auburn hair and tawny eyes...
Spudboy
Personal Jesus

Postby Dominik500 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:18 am

Well, the American "Get Clipped" EP has exclusive versions of Calling Captain Autumn & Love's Got Me In Triangles, and the Pelican Dance 12" wasn't for in-store play, but rather part of a giveaway where Arista released balloons across the UK with tokens inside that the finder was able to send in in exchange for this record . Also it's name, "Pelican Dance" implies that these might in fact be dance remixes, as they're hardly the danciest songs on Pelican West. But these are just guesses. I've ordered a copy and when it arrives I'll share my discovery.

D
You've got your mother's looks, but she's 45, not 22." The Quarks - "Mechanical" (1981 Magnet Records)
Dominik500
Personal Jesus

Postby pmppk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 pm

A bit off topic, but man... I wonder when will "Paint & Paint" be issued on CD with appropriate bonus tracks. I think there could be enough material to fill 2CDs.
pmppk
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Dominik500 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Well I received my copy of the Pelican Dance 12" and as you predicted, there are no remixes on this 12". Oh well, still, it's a cool collectable. I read a few months back in Classic Pop Magazine (which is amazing) that Pelican West was due for a 2CD expanded release. I think that's great news, as there are tons of tracks that need to be collected together.

As for Paint And Paint, sadly I doubt it'll ever get released on CD unless Cherry Red decides to do something. I don't think there's enough to fill 2CDs worth there, but I could be wrong. Here's an expanded version of Paint And Paint, I think this includes everything linked with this album.

Haircut One Hundred - Paint And Paint (Expanded Edition) (1984)

1. Fish In A Bowl
2. Immaterial
3. So Tired
4. Hidden Years
5. 40/40 Home
6. High Noon
7. Too Up Too Down
8. Benefit Of The Doubt
9. Prime Time
10. Where Do You Run To Now
11. Infatuation
12. After All's Been Said And Done*
13. Evil Smokestacking Baby*
14. Fish In A Bowl (Deeper Version)*
15. So Tired (Long Slumber)*
16. Prime Time (Late Night Shopping Version)*

*bonus tracks

FYI, the 12" version of "Too Up Too Down" is identical to the album version. Also "So Tired (40 Winks)" is just the album version with a cutesy name.

Obviously if someone wants to reissue this album, I'll take this down, but until then...

Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?7fa1624h291f5kg

Incidentally, does anyone have any of the videos or performances from this era? On the Haircut 100 bands reunited they show a clip of the "So Tired" video, I'd love to see the whole thing. Does anyone know if videos were made for "Prime Time" (i would assume so) or "Too Up Too Down" (probably not)?

Thanks! and Enjoy!

Dominik
Dominik500
Personal Jesus

Postby pmppk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Dominik500

Thanks for the info and sharing.

Agree with you about Cherry Red. I was so surprised that they dicided to release Roman Halliday , Blue Zoo, Strange Cruise, Blue Rondo a la Turk,etc... but not Haircut's Paint & Paint. May be soon, I hope.
pmppk
Switchin' to Glide

Postby negative1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:47 am

thanks for the share.

enjoying all the tracks now.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby df118 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:35 am

Thanks for these.
df118
Take On Me

Postby elviscaprice » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Dominik500 wrote:Incidentally, does anyone have any of the videos or performances from this era? On the Haircut 100 bands reunited they show a clip of the "So Tired" video, I'd love to see the whole thing. Does anyone know if videos were made for "Prime Time" (i would assume so) or "Too Up Too Down" (probably not)?

Nope, never seen any, anywhere. Just the 4 from the 82 release.

8) Elvis
elviscaprice
Personal Jesus

Postby Frank_Chickens » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:07 am

Dominik500 wrote:
Incidentally, does anyone have any of the videos or performances from this era? On the Haircut 100 bands reunited they show a clip of the "So Tired" video, I'd love to see the whole thing. Does anyone know if videos were made for "Prime Time" (i would assume so) or "Too Up Too Down" (probably not)?

They appeared on kid's show Crackerjack performing 'So Tired' but haven't been able to find the video of this.
--

"A cynic is what a optimist calls a realist"
Frank_Chickens
Room at the Top

Postby df118 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:23 pm

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone have the 'Half-baked' tracks ? I can't find them anywhere - physical, digital, or otherwise.
df118
Take On Me

Postby JimStocker » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Thank you very much for sharing!
JimStocker
Running Up That Hill

Postby magnum » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:45 am

Cheers!
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby Harry Wave » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:53 am

thanks, very much!!

a Request please, flac or Wav version of this, some posibility?

i very grateful with you

Cheers from Perú
¡Enjoy!
Harry Wave
Take On Me

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central