Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Wanted: The Light - Contrasting Strangers (1985)

Post your vinyl, CD's or memorabilia for sale or your wants list here (no CD-R's please).

Wanted: The Light - Contrasting Strangers (1985)

Postby xymox970 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:28 am

http://www.discogs.com/Light-Contrastin ... ter/433976

Looking for both editions of 7" & 12" (would prefer the 12") in NM or VG+ quality (cleaned on a professional machine)

Please make me an offer.

Thanks.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Re: Wanted: The Light - Contrasting Strangers (1985)

Postby Scratch » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi, I have a copy of this 12" as this release .. http://www.discogs.com/Light-Contrastin ... se/5327865

I'll have to check but it should still be in VG/Ex condition if you're interested ?
Image Looking, Listening, Lusting, Learning
Scratch
Running Up That Hill

Postby xymox970 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:45 am

Definitelly....

Please send me a PM when you check it out.....
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby Scratch » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 am

Hi Xymox,
I had a dip into my archive & the years have been a little harsher than I'd hoped, but I Am quite critical as i would not wish to disappoint.

Image Image Image Image Image

The cover has slight signs of ringing (due to its' years amongst many other 80s 12" singles) slight creases to top edge (visible in pics) but not surface damaged & some aging to the edges. The corners aren't dogeared & nothing unexpected for a record of over 30 years vintage.
so I would only fairly grade the sleeve as VG, but the vinyl is Very good/ Excellent condition, only very slight surface marks & plays well with very little noise on the run-in groove.
I don't have any professional cleaning available to me just an anti-static cloth, so I'm sure it'll clean-up further but if you'll excuse the rumble from my old 80s linear deck, any introduced wow & flutter is from that as the pressing is well centered.
Image For your discerning, here's genuine untouched playback of the intro... http://www.mediafire.com/download/lhyblq1vvwd3s4b/Contrasting_Strangers_%28intro%29_-_The_Light.rar

Make me an offer & I'll look into the cost of postage to Croatia Image

EDIT/ Royal Mail (will be tracked) costs £8.60 + I'd also want about £2.50 for packing it securely.
Scratch
Running Up That Hill

Postby Scratch » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm

xymox970 wrote:Hello again

thanks for digging out this gem from your collection.

You really made an effort in describing the condition in detail and I would gladly make you an offer right away, but the price of postage is really way way too high (IMHO).

I have been buying loads of 80s 12" vinyl during 2015 through discogs.com, mainly from a seller in France, who give me free shipping in return for large orders.
Recently, I was able to find a UK seller who would give me the same conditions as well.

So I although I want this record a lot and know that is very highly valued on discogs as a rarity, I guess you could understand that I am not prepared to pay in postage costs what I would normally pay for this particular record alone.

I can only hope I will find it someday in one of the big collections from European sellers and the costs of postage will be reasonable, if any at all.....

Best regards

Xymox970

I really sympathise, :roll: your search continues Image

it's not quite the same as,
xymox970 wrote: "Definitelly...."

Is it ?

I can't help what the cost of safe postage to Croatia is :oops:
but I can offer you something for free that the other suppliers may not be saying to you...

Image 4Q ImageImage
Scratch
Running Up That Hill

Return to Marketplace