Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Re: Endgames ‎"Building Beauty / Natural" on CD

Postby rk2585 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:01 pm

A lot of the bands from the 80's and before didn't even see a dime because they got conned in the contract. If they are giving royalties to the band members, who did they contact?
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:21 pm

All the people who signed over the rights to their music did so as adults or at best late teens (who are not imbeciles, unless they choose to be), not 12 year olds.

Endgames is not the vehicle to get into this debate. They were a great band, but totally unappreciated. Again, you can get all their music for free. And there is no indication that the band has made any attempt to take control of their music by establishing a website or something, other than some MySpace thing that of course went nowhere. Any CD release is welcome, assuming decent quality.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby rk2585 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 pm

They were not "imbeciles" as you put it but ignorant in contract law, which most people are. I doubt most people can make heads or tails of a properly written contract that is deceptively worded to benefit a corporation. And if that's not enough, you also have to deal with the accounting dept because they can and will manipulate the books. Believe me, you can audit them forever and they'll still come out winning.

Well, let's hope that they at least get the mastering right because many bootlegs and legitimate reissues have either been mastered badly or brickwalled to death.
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:52 am

What's funny with this royalties thing is that money won't come to the artist unless all costs are covered and some profit is made. So those who didn't break through during their prime are 99,99% unlikely to make any money out of reissues/remasters/etc - because the fan base is already small and in most cases it won't be a big (or fast or even steady) seller. And if these artists are not rediscovered and/or reappraised then the chances are even more slim. Endgames are among the latter: sadly, the band seems to fall through the cracks completely - and forever, as it looks like that 80s reissue boom is almost over with lvery little "not on CD before" artists getting reissued. All this must be simply accepted and not flamed over and over boringly (as we've all heard this rhetoric countless times).

Now to Endgames themsleves - they're great and talented guys, for sure, no disrespect to them. But if they were interested in their work they could've put a webpage out there, say, 10 years ago, when the interest in the 80s was on the rise, and promote their legacy one way or another. Moreover, they could've pressed the CDs themselves and sell them online (like Kissing the Pink or several other bands and artists did). This way they could've been "paid for their work" - and make some nice money along the way, I'm sure. They did precisely nothing. Maybe they get their millions from that couple of songs featured on the compilation CDs or sampled by the next hip-hop gangster and don't care about the other stuff - or maybe they moved on and don't care one way or the other. I can only assume as they didn't speak their minds at all.

At the same time, there are some people want their stuff to be out there in a presentable form, even if "bootleg" - and they get looked upon by some for making an effort. Why? No one forces anybody to buy this CD, for one thing. Next, these guys for all their efforts won't make money themselves - the printed run is short and all income goes to the production of the next project. And anyway, what's preferrable for Endgames music - to be presented on CD this way or not to be presented at all?

I'm sure it's better to support this effort, as it's much more likely and sooner to see the overlooked bands on CD this way. And there are quite a few of them, actually, as we all know.

But the choise is yours, of course.

P.S. Oh yes, for anyone interested - go and check the Endgames page on Wikipedia. That's how I myself have "paid" them for their music and listening pleasure it gave me.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:42 am

Passing_Stranger wrote:What's funny with this royalties thing is that money won't come to the artist unless all costs are covered and some profit is made. So those who didn't break through during their prime are 99,99% unlikely to make any money out of reissues/remasters/etc - because the fan base is already small and in most cases it won't be a big (or fast or even steady) seller. And if these artists are not rediscovered and/or reappraised then the chances are even more slim. Endgames are among the latter: sadly, the band seems to fall through the cracks completely - and forever, as it looks like that 80s reissue boom is almost over with lvery little "not on CD before" artists getting reissued. All this must be simply accepted and not flamed over and over boringly (as we've all heard this rhetoric countless times).

Now to Endgames themsleves - they're great and talented guys, for sure, no disrespect to them. But if they were interested in their work they could've put a webpage out there, say, 10 years ago, when the interest in the 80s was on the rise, and promote their legacy one way or another. Moreover, they could've pressed the CDs themselves and sell them online (like Kissing the Pink or several other bands and artists did). This way they could've been "paid for their work" - and make some nice money along the way, I'm sure. They did precisely nothing. Maybe they get their millions from that couple of songs featured on the compilation CDs or sampled by the next hip-hop gangster and don't care about the other stuff - or maybe they moved on and don't care one way or the other. I can only assume as they didn't speak their minds at all.

At the same time, there are some people want their stuff to be out there in a presentable form, even if "bootleg" - and they get looked upon by some for making an effort. Why? No one forces anybody to buy this CD, for one thing. Next, these guys for all their efforts won't make money themselves - the printed run is short and all income goes to the production of the next project. And anyway, what's preferrable for Endgames music - to be presented on CD this way or not to be presented at all?

I'm sure it's better to support this effort, as it's much more likely and sooner to see the overlooked bands on CD this way. And there are quite a few of them, actually, as we all know.

But the choise is yours, of course.

P.S. Oh yes, for anyone interested - go and check the Endgames page on Wikipedia. That's how I myself have "paid" them for their music and listening pleasure it gave me.

Only if rewind sees this, his blood pressure would rise to over 160/200.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby rk2585 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:33 pm

So, did anyone buy this CD yet?
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby ed4ad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Would love to....
ed4ad
Take On Me

Postby fanwave » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:05 am

Release available at Discogs and Ebay.
fanwave
Take On Me

Postby moni » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:11 pm

fanwave wrote:Release available at Discogs and Ebay.

There is none for sale on Discogs and none have been sold. There is one copy on Ebay but it's used so where exactly have people been able to buy this from ??
moni
Room at the Top

Postby rk2585 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 pm

It was available at Discogs but someone must've bought it.
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby schwenko » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:52 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
rk2585 wrote:It was available at Discogs but someone must've bought it.
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby rk2585 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:31 am

So your the lucky customer... :o

Please post the dynamic range results at:

http://dr.loudness-war.info/
rk2585
Take On Me

Postby Barmy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:53 pm

Although they have only 3 releases, Lost Wave is a treasure. Whether they really print 100 CDs or not is irrelevant to me. Good god compare it to the dross Cherry Red spits out. Haircut 100. Oh yeah WE NEED that. And lets bitch about the absence of a 7-inch version of some crap they did.

I have, or will have, all three of the LW releases. The completely overlooked Norwegian dude Beranek; Die Film; and Endgames. Wow what an eclectic and interesting line. Haven't received Endgames yet but can recommend the other two.

Enjoy!
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby endgames1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Managed to get my hands on a copy. Torn by it, the quality is good. However my other cds of Endgames have many more bonus tracks. Glad I have it though.
endgames1
Running Up That Hill

Postby rk2585 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:47 pm

endgames1 wrote:Managed to get my hands on a copy. Torn by it, the quality is good. However my other cds of Endgames have many more bonus tracks. Glad I have it though.

What's the dynamic range of the CD?
rk2585
Take On Me

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations