Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

China Crisis Re-issues

China Crisis Re-issues

Postby schwenko » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:42 pm

at the concert at Iridium last Thursday night, Gary announced (from the stage) that the first 3 China Crisis albums will be reissued as 2-cd sets... no time frame mentioned :D

(btw, CC was introduced by WLIR's Larry the Duck)
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Re: China Crisis Re-issues

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:03 am

Excellent news and well overdue! The original CDs sound very thin. 2CDs is encouraging in mopping up 12" mixes, b-sides etc. Anything unreleased would be a nice bonus but hardly a deal breaker, people have been crying out for these for years.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:55 pm

The original CDs are not remotely thin. We shall see how the reissues sound.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby moni » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:46 pm

Hopefully we will see a remastered version of What Price Paradise as well because if we are talking about thin sounding CD's that's the worst sounding of their back catalogue. I can't honestly see that being a double though as they only made one b side for that album Trading In Gold unless they have a lot of demos or live stuff lying about.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby WLR » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:52 am

This is excellent news, it will be interesting to see how they fill 2CD's for each album. :D
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:56 am

I remember a good remix from the Black Man Ray 12'' single: Animalistic (A Day At The Zoo Mix).

I hope it will be included :D
Luke
Personal Jesus

Postby gorjanovic » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:17 am

This is the best news as far as reissues go in a long time! I hope they will include all the b sides from single releases - especially from flaunt the imperfection. I had them all on vinyl ( some were double singles etc) and those b sides were some of my favourite cc songs! Cannot wait!
gorjanovic
Switchin' to Glide

Postby WLR » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:06 pm

gorjanovic wrote:This is the best news as far as reissues go in a long time! I hope they will include all the b sides from single releases - especially from flaunt the imperfection. I had them all on vinyl ( some were double singles etc) and those b sides were some of my favourite cc songs! Cannot wait!

Agree with you in respect of some of their B Sides, "Little Italy", "Forever I And I", "This Occupation" and "Dockland" are superb tracks :D :D :D
WLR
The Jet Set

Postby thunderbird2 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:20 am

The one I am hoping for is "never too late" off the limited 12" single of Black Man Ray , what a hidden gem

quite a few of the tracks mentioned above can be got on CD if you can get the double best of CD from the 90's .

Another of my favourites is a golden handshake for every daughter off of the tragedy and mystery single

here's fingers crossed that these come soon

another few to strike off the wish list
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:35 am

I wonder what label will reissue these? I still have the original cds. If they reissue their back catalogue they should also consider the forgotten album from the 90s, Warped By Success (pretty damn good).
omar
Room at the Top

Postby MikeP » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:03 pm

That's great news...long overdue!
MikeP
President Am I

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:48 am

The first two albums were gold to me. After that they turned into a Steely Dan-esque pop band [minus The Dan's dark sardonic lyrics which were their raison d'être, actually]. Even so, I look forward to getting a copy of "Flaunt The Imperfection" that is not bronzed. When I was sending my PDO bronzed discs back to PDO for replacement, I forgot this title. When I realized my error, it was too late. I suppose it would be unsportsmanlike to ask when we could also buy their new album, "Autumn In The Neighborhood?" Will it ever get a normal release?
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:44 pm

I so love the tracks from this band when they use the oboe sound. I think they are the best when they do that. "Christian", "Wishful Thinking", "Here Comes The Raincloud", "When The Piper Calls", and all technically most of the songs from their second album are just amazing. Really looking forward to this release and seeing what they can put on there as bonus tracks. Hopefully they can uncover some never release tracks with that oboe sound.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby rewind » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 am

postpunkmonk wrote:After that they turned into a Steely Dan-esque pop band

Unsurprising, as Flaunt The Imperfection was produced by Walter Becker.
rewind
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Sean wrote:I so love the tracks from this band when they use the oboe sound. I think they are the best when they do that. "Christian", "Wishful Thinking", "Here Comes The Raincloud", "When The Piper Calls", and all technically most of the songs from their second album are just amazing. Really looking forward to this release and seeing what they can put on there as bonus tracks. Hopefully they can uncover some never release tracks with that oboe sound.

I hear you on the oboe sound! That was when they became it for me. But alas, it was only a phase. They would produce music I could enjoy but nothing like "Fire + Steel."
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations