Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Pseudo Echo Autumnal Park released by the band. Quality?

Pseudo Echo Autumnal Park released by the band. Quality?

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Has anyone purchased the CD being directly sold by the band recently? How's the quality compared to the one released by Almacantar Records in 2005? What's the source?
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Re: Pseudo Echo Autumnal Park released by the band. Quality?

Postby Sean » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:30 pm

I have both and I really think it's the same source.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby ABOATES » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Ha! Pseudo Echo! Many moons ago...1986 to be exact, my band opened for them at The Boathouse in Norfolk, VA. Bit of a mismatched show...we were more of a post-punk guitar band, but cool nonetheless. Long time ago... :-)
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby Danielwaver » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:39 pm

ABOATES wrote:Ha! Pseudo Echo! Many moons ago...1986 to be exact, my band opened for them at The Boathouse in Norfolk, VA. Bit of a mismatched show...we were more of a post-punk guitar band, but cool nonetheless. Long time ago... :-)

What was the name of your band?
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby ABOATES » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:27 pm

The Deans...formerly known as The Larks. Local band in the Tidewater Virginia region in the 80s.
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:25 am

It looks to just be a repress of the previous (awful) vinyl remaster that was released on Almacantar records all those years ago, which was "remastered" by a member of the band. I considered pursuing this album for reissue because it's an all time favorite, but I dropped the idea fast for the following reason. I had a phone call with the Almacantar guy around the time he released the CD and he didn't have great things to say about Brian Canham. He said Brian insisted he receive $5000 for the label to reissue, which is a pretty hefty fee, and said his attitude was not so gracious.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Danielwaver » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Thank you for the info folks. I won't be buying it then. Scott, this album really deserves a proper reissue/remastering and you're the only person who can do it. Don't let Brian's attitude etc come in the way.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Babakazoo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 am

It's a pity the current remaster sounds so crap. This is an album I grew up listening to, so I would love to hear it properly remastered, the way it should sound.
Babakazoo
Running Up That Hill

Postby telekon3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:08 am

On the band's website it states,Autumnal Park is "Digitally remastered by Darren Glen 2016"
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Postby Rubellan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:14 am

He's the same member of the band "remastered "the album the first time around, from vinyl. He just remastered it again from vinyl.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:04 pm

What's wrong with the Almacantar CD? I first heard "Autumnal Park" via it (and fell in love with this album) and don't recall any issues.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:16 pm

The Almacantar release is fine unless you obsess about clicks and whatever, in which case I can't believe you are happy with anything in life, ever. Maybe these complaints come from people who listen with headphones, which may be another story. But it's good to (sort of) know that this is the same master.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Danielwaver » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Barmy wrote:The Almacantar release is fine unless you obsess about clicks and whatever, in which case I can't believe you are happy with anything in life, ever. Maybe these complaints come from people who listen with headphones, which may be another story. But it's good to (sort of) know that this is the same master.

I have this on vinyl and sounds way better than this CD. Now I am not sure what's wrong with wanting to upgrade the quality, if possible? Nobody said we were not happy with Almacantar CD or any other stuff in life.
Danielwaver
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:27 am

Barmy wrote:The Almacantar release is fine unless you obsess about clicks and whatever, in which case I can't believe you are happy with anything in life, ever. Maybe these complaints come from people who listen with headphones, which may be another story. But it's good to (sort of) know that this is the same master.

The Almacantar CD was abysmal quality. There were lots of (justified) complaints at the time. The problems were a lot more than just the occasional click and pop.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby telekon3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:50 am

Just out of curiosity Barmy, are you some miserable S.O.B. being held captive in a dungeon somewhere?
Usually I found New Wave music to be the music of upbeat intelligent positive individuals.
That would explain the undertone of most of your comments.
telekon3
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations